Marsh & McLennan Cos Career Consulting Summer Internship- New York-College Program 2022 in New York, New York
****WHO WE ARE****
We'reMercer- webelieve in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
**THE POSITION:** **Career Consulting Summer Intern**
Mercer is uniquely qualified to help organizations design and execute sophisticated workforce strategies, whether it's for a multinational organization or a local company attempting to grow within its market. We provide best-in-class consulting, rigorous analytics, and data-driven insights that help organizations make fact-based decisions.
Mercer's Career Consultants work with clients around the world to engage their most important assets, their people. They partner with board members, senior executives, and HR leaders to optimize business performance through strategies that better manage, reward, and engage their people. Mercer brings clients a range of integrated solutionsacross five practice areas: Rewards, HR Transformation, Talent Strategy, Workforce Planning & Analytics, Communications, and Mobility.
The first step in your career with Mercer's Career business is as a Consulting Summer Intern.Summer Interns work with a broad range of clients and industries, participating as a member of project teams to diagnose issues and design strategic solutions.
To learn more about Mercer's Career practice, please visithttps://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/workforce-and-careers.html
**WHAT WE VALUE**
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Progress toward a bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, statistics, math, accounting, or HRpreferred
- Status as a currently enrolled student; candidates should have an expected graduation date in the Fall of 2022 or Spring of 2023
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0/4.0)
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
**WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE**
- Conduct research and analysis to understand industry and organization-specific issues could include: business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends, global expansion, and best practices in career management
- Collect and examine data relevant to developing solutions in the various practices
- Analyze clients' strategic, financial, and organizational information to provide insights for more senior members of the project team
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions to develop client recommendations
- Prepare client presentations, including recommendations to be presented to boards of directors, executives, senior management, and HR leaders
**WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?**
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- First hand exposure to client work
- Fun social and professional development events throughout the summer
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We offer several Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that employees can participate in (MMC Pride, Rising Professionals, Racial, Ethnic & Multicultural Diversity). Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing ourGreater Good Policy.
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered.Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview.The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercerbelieves in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business ofMarsh McLennan(NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses includingMarsh,Guy CarpenterandOliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visithttps://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter@Mercer. For a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site athttps://mercercampus.wordpress.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at:http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.