Marsh & McLennan Cos Casualty Actuary - Risk Economics in New York, New York
Marsh is seeking a seasoned, professional, individual contributor in the Risk Economics practice of Marsh Risk Consulting as Senior Consultant. This is a nationwide team with flexibility to work at any of our Marsh East Coast-based location.
**What can you expect?**
- Develop strategy on implementing new, market-leading analytics-based tools to assess and mitigate risk.
- Apply highly developed knowledge of models and analyses in order to assess risk and viability of risk mitigation solutions.
- Consult with clients on issues that may be unclear to them and implements actionable insights to analyze and mitigate risk.
- Instruct others on identifying new and existing business opportunities for small- to large-scale clients.
- Coach team members on the delivery of analytics-based tools and analyses and presents findings to the client.
- Manage mid to large-sized projects to direct the team in developing analytics-based tools.
**What's in it for you?**
- Ability to autonomously manage projects/processes.
- Opportunity to coach and review the work of junior and mid level professionals.
- Chance to face and solve complex problems.
- Impact change through your influence of others within and outside of the job function regarding approach and procedures.
- Take charge and own the client relationship.
**What you need to have?**
- 3+ years of actuarial professional experience
- Pursuing designation from the Casualty Actuarial Society with 4+ passed exams preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related field
**What makes you stand out?**
- Expert statistical modeling knowledge
- ACAS or FCAS designation
- Superior detail orientation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, SAS, VBA a plus
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.