Firmenich, Inc. Cell Biology - HTS Internship - New York, NY in New York, New York
CELL BIOLOGY - HTS INTERNSHIP - NEW YORK, NY
Looking to put your learning to the test and apply your education thorough an exciting summer opportunity*
Through our paid summer internship, students can discover all our industry has to offer. Our interns are given hands-on, holistic view of what it takes to run a global F&F company. From networking events to resume building we ll set you up for a long and rewarding career, at Firmenich & beyond.
Our NYC office is seeking an intern for our R and D Department. The working hours are Monday Friday (37.5 hours per week) during the summer months.
* High-throughput biochemical screening to support new flavor and fragrance ingredient discovery and fundamental olfaction science.
* Tissue culture and DNA preparations.
* Assay development for GPCR activation.
* Analysis and presentation of data.
* Experienced with pipettes and other laboratory equipment.
* Working knowledge of biochemical and cellular biology techniques.
* Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and craft creative solutions.
* Experience with Computer software including Excel, GraphPad Prism, and/or PowerPoint.
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor s degree in related field
* Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
* Must be able to start June 3, 2020
* Motivated scientists looking to experience cutting-edge olfaction research.
* Interest in learning GPCR biology and pharmacology.
* Experience with a range of laboratory equipment such as plate readers, biosafety hoods, and incubators.
* A high level of organization, and strong collaboration, time management, and communication skills.
* Networking events
* LinkedIn Profile Workshop
* Resume writing & interviewing workshop
* The ability to be a part of a highly creative and imaginative team in an incredibly competitive and inspiring industry
* A fast-paced environment surrounded by some of the biggest talents and brands in the beauty and fragrance industries
* Learn how to understand consumers and how to meet their needs effectively
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Employer's Job# 589126301
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.