Metropolitan Commercial Bank Chief Product Technology Officer in New York, New York
What is a Chief Product Technology Officer (CPTO)?
The Chief Product Technology Officer is a strategic leader, visionary, team supervisor, and an advocate of an organization's product (or products). The primary goal of the CPTO is to lead and facilitate the creation of products that deliver value to both customers and the business. CPTO will report to the Chief Digital Officer.
The Chief Product Technology Officer is a strategic leader, visionary, team supervisor, and an advocate of an MCB's products.
Responsibilities of the CPTO
As a strategic leader, the Chief Product Technology Officer oversees a broad scope of product-related activities:
* Product + Technology strategy
* Product + Technology vision * Product design
* Client Experience research * Product development
* Product growth and marketing * Product analytics and metrics
* Structuring the product organization
* Interviewing, recruiting, and supervising product employees and teams.
In other words, the CPTO is in charge of initiatives across the entire product lifecycle - from customer discovery and user research to development, delivery and support.
CPTOs need excellent leadership skills to supervise and oversee the entire product organization. This ensures that initiatives run smoothly across internal teams, customers, and stakeholders. Capable CPTOs facilitate communication across the company (between engineers, designers, marketers, customer-facing teams, etc.) and prevent organizational silos. They act as a supervisor to product leads who are responsible for client experience, development, UX, and digital integration. Thus, they should also have extensive experience in managing and mobilizing cross-functional teams.
Collaborate across cross-functional teams to effectively communicate product strategic plans to internal stakeholders, manage feedback and adjust priorities appropriately.
Specifically, this individual will work closely with the business leaders and technology team to ensure product and technology strategy are aligned.
3. Strategic product + technology vision
CPTOs are responsible for the "why" of the product and what to build next. They must then align the company around their overarching vision. When it comes to individual features and products, CPTOs ensure that they are in line with business objectives and make adjustments when necessary.
4. Sensitivity to customers and users
One of the crucial responsibilities of CPTOs is to deeply understand the problems, needs, and desires of customers. The customer discovery conducted by the CPTO (and other members of the product team) are necessary to build excellent product experiences, identify proper positioning in the market, and more. This due diligence leads to product success even in the most competitive of industries.
5. An eye for data
As the leader of product, the CTPO must make objective, data-driven decisions. Seasoned CTPOs define the metrics related to product performance and track them on an ongoing basis.
Here are some of the metrics a CTPO might oversee:
* User activity and engagement within the product
* Reduction in manual touch points and double data entry
* Churn rate and retention
Quantitative and qualitative data is also used by CTPOs to evaluate whether products or specific features have reached product/market fit.
Qualification / Experience / Exposure
* Minimum of 15 years experience in IT field with 7 in an executive-level position, out of which 5 years in banking / financial sector
* Firsthand knowledge in supervising product development of software solutions
* Firsthand experience in building and managing Payment Systems/API
* Exposure to Core Banking Solutions, Mobile Digital banking, networking, server administration
* Proven experience in building data warehouse and analytical solutions. * Strong project management skills and management of development, maintenance, and support teams.
* Academic experience with exposure in participating in seminars, conferences, research publications representing the organization
* Up to date with the current (and future) levels of IT security, threats, vulnerabilities that could impact the Banks digital and financial assets Responsibilities
* Responsible for the entire IT environment of the Bank
* Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science with a passion working in an entrepreneurial environment.
Metropolitan Commercial Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.