Integra Partners Chief Technology Officer in New York, New York
Integra Partners is a leading, tech-enabled, healthcare benefit management company focused on community-based care. Integra has a core competency in Durable Medical Equipment (DME), Orthotics and Prosthetics (O&P), and works with providers and health plans to facilitate care for hundreds of thousands of patients each year.
The company delivers value to providers through outsourced back office services and access to a national patient base, while driving efficiencies and savings for its payor clients through a number of benefit management services. Driving high ROI programs with its payor clients, Integra has built a suite of payor business services across network, claims, utilization management, compliance, and administrative services.
Integra was founded in 2006 and accelerated in 2011 by a recapitalization from group of seasoned, professional investors. Headquartered in New York City, the company has generated sales in excess of $150m, has approximately 170 employees and is growing.
In 2015, Integra was acquired by Tufts Health Plan of Massachusetts. Tufts Health Plan is one of the country?s leading, 5-star, private health plans providing healthcare to individuals and employer groups. Integra now operates as a separate financial investment and wholly owned subsidiary of Tufts Health Plan with a separate board of directors and governance structure. Integra is an innovative and exciting company, with a driven culture focused on teamwork and everyday excellence.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is joining Integra Partners at a time of investment and growth. Working closely with the CEO and senior leadership team, the CTO is responsible for establishing the company?s technology strategy and oversee the execution of that strategy. The CTO will lead the effort to build integrated and non-integrated platforms and overseeing the implementation, integration and operation of third-party technology platforms and must have product development experience for the delivery of services ideally with an understanding of Integra?s business model. The CTO will be a ?hands-on? and not theoretical executive, who is a business minded technologist (SME/thought leader) possessing a strategic mindset and execution/results driven approach. The successful candidate will also have a strong track record of partnering with business leaders and clients to ensure achievement of the organization?s short- and long-term objectives. Given expected growth, ability to operate a lean and productive organization is a requirement.
The ideal candidate is relationship driven, has high energy, the ability to energize and execute, and shares a passion for Integra?s vision to remove friction from healthcare.
This role may be located in either in the New York, NY or Troy, MI office.
Responsibilities and Duties
Deliver Exceptional Result through Team
The CTO will be responsible for cultivating an exceptional team of IT professionals that manage the infrastructure, development, platforms and IT needs of our tech enabled organization. This individual will need to define and execute a people strategy for their team that currently includes vendor services, contract labor, and full-time employees. Integra?s culture is a core element of the company?s success and fostering a high performing team consistent with the company?s values of One Team, pushing the boundaries, valuing each other, driving results and making it fun, is imperative.
The CTO will need to instill ongoing improvement disciplines into the IT practice, including appropriate scorecards, metrics, risk management and ongoing process improvement.
Build a Service Oriented IT Strategy and its Corresponding Budget
- The CTO will be responsible for delivering the Company?s technology enabled business growth and will be a key contributor to our overall corporate strategy. This includes thoughtful development of our direction for the execution of our application development, architecture, and infrastructure. S/he will need to assess our current state, deliver a coherent strategy for the future, and execute that strategy over the course of 12 months, with significant progress demonstrated in the first 6 months. This includes a perspective on the costs (capital and operating) with executing that strategy, ROI, and long-term strategic benefits. In addition, the approach must be highly flexible and scalable to adapt to a fast-moving company and rapidly changing healthcare landscape.
Accountability for the Company Platforms
- As a leader in our technology enabled business, the CTO will be responsible for managing our technology platforms that drive optimum business services for our internal teams and ultimately our customers. The CTO will need to know and understand the needs of the customer (internal and external) and provide solutions using next generation tech that aligns with their long-term requirements, build discipline for the allocation of resources (capital and team), recommend build vs. buy decisions, and always ensure the Company?s platforms have consistency within the Company?s strategy. As part of platform ownership, the CTO will be responsible for quality assurance in the technical and business contexts for the organization.
Create a Scalable, Compliant, and Secure Data and IT Infrastructure
- The CTO will be responsible for creating and executing a vision for the Company?s Data and IT infrastructure in the context of our applications, our hardware and software needs, and our ongoing thirst for data driven products and decisions. This will include strategy for break/fix work, development and core operating infrastructure, and data architecture and strategy. Important to this work is a constant understanding that IT security and compliance are paramount.
Make Application Development Seamless
- The CTO will be responsible for building on our current development competencies to create further efficiencies in our development of excellent applications. This includes resource and capital planning, process discipline, oversight and guidance, quality assurance, and strategic vision.
- Bachelor?s degree from an accredited university required. Master?s degree (l) preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have functional depth in technology and product development across all core competencies and prior experience as a CTO/CIO or as a second in command.
The successful candidate will have expertise in the design, development and operation of platform technology that is used by both internal and external clients to run the business.
Ability to interpret technology and market trends in healthcare as a foundation for your development of the technology and product roadmaps in collaboration with the leaders of our business.
Ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations and the entire development and project management lifecycle.
Knowledgeable in relevant technologies such as Cloud Computing (both IaaS and PaaS), SaaS, Mobile Computing, Voice and Data communications.
Led systems design, development and implementation in a complex regulated environment.
Led a service delivery organization, having knowledge and experience coordinating helpdesk and other IT service functions.
Experience with customer service and relationship platforms (including SalesForce) and data warehousing and analytics methods and tools is also important.
Significant Healthcare Industry Experience
Healthcare industry experience is required
Experience managing the IT infrastructure for a healthcare claims organization or Revenue Cycle Management organization. This includes depth of knowledge of healthcare claims processing, billing, adjudication, EDI, clinical information systems, big data, and other such systems.
Business / Operational Mentality
The ideal candidate will be a business-oriented person, focused on enabling strategic decision making and resource allocation that will streamline and optimize the company?s operations. Constant focus on data in decision making and ROI is a must.
The successful candidate will ?think strategically, act tactically? and will demonstrate the ability to operate effectively in both types of environments.
The CTO must be able to focus on the current operations, as well as broader strategic objectives within the company. S/he will be strategically-oriented in driving the overarching goals of the technology function, yet tactically focused to ensure the function runs smoothly to drive our overall business goals.
The successful candidate will understand and lead a team of professionals to deliver solutions for both internal and external customers, integrating recent innovations into existing systems and processes. These solutions will increase operational efficiency and service delivery through new or improved technology. Make things run and make them run better!
Leadership & Communication
A leader with the ability to lead and inspire technology professionals to succeed in a fast changing and highly competitive market, keeping the team focused on strategies and tactics to best leverage the resources of a growing company.
Communicate and collaborate with the non-technical parts of the business to get the entire company on the same page with regard to the technical roadmap and any challenges that arise. Maintain explicit efforts to support knowledge share between functions and departments outside of IT.
Build exceptional relationships with the other members of the management team. Sensitivity and ability to manage interpersonal dynamics.
Strong interpersonal skills and be a seasoned, servant leader. S/he has a track record of building and motivating successful teams.
The ideal candidate has outstanding intellectual ability with judgment that reflects reasoned and creative business views (a best idea ?wins? leader). S/he will also have the presence, humility and credibility to effectively build and manage relationships with internal and external constituencies. Focus on the true needs of the business with an ability to adapt to those needs not just focus on delivering against a technical plan.
Experience leading teams to develop solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, user experience, implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
Demonstrated experience leading a distributed (on shore and off shore), cross-functional organization.
It is the policy of Integra Partners to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Integra Partners will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.