Axis Claims First Notice of Loss Supervisor in New York, New York
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Claims First Notice of Loss Supervisor
How does this role help us to succeed?
AXIS NA Supervisor, Claims Administration supports AXIS’ NA Claims function by providing clerical and administrative support to the Claims organization. The individual is responsible for managing processes and procedures related to First Notice of Loss, Claim Set up, Acknowledgment and Customer communications.
What will you do in this role?
• As the AXIS NA Supervisor, Claims Administration you will be responsible for oversight of on and offshore FNOL teams responsible for FNOL and all processes associated with FNOL..
• Has direct responsibility for subordinate staff in accordance with department strategic direction.
• Assigns, distributes, coordinates and provides direction to the team to ensure consistent, efficient and timely delivery of work in compliance with company policy and industry regulations.
• Maintains policy, procedures and processes aligned with Claim Best Practices, internal controls and industry regulations.
• Evaluates opportunities to improve productivity and customer experience by developing and using tools to facilitate efficient processes and monitoring the performance of team and service delivery.
• Collaborates with Claim Leadership to identify improvement opportunities.
• May participate in business continuity plans, financial plans and budgets.
• Works with team, both on shore and off to ensure timely and complete claim set up and
assignment to claim professionals.
• Acts independently within scope of responsibility with a sense of urgency.
• Responsible for the performance and development of self and staff.
You may also be required to take on additional duties, responsibilities and activities appropriate to the nature of this role.
We encourage you to bring your own experience and expertise to the table, so while there are some qualifications and experiences, we need you to have, we are open to discussing how your individual knowledge might lend itself to fulfilling this role and help us achieve our goals.
What you need to have:
1) Possess a strong understanding of Insurance Claim operations
2) Exceptional communication skills including the ability to develop and present clear and concise analysis and recommendations to senior management
3) Insurance Industry and company knowledge on products, systems, procedures, processes and functions.
4) Knowledge of the practices and procedures of FNOL set up and assignment within an insurance organization.
5) Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
6) Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, web-based software applications, Adobe Acrobat and other productivity tools.
7) Ability to exercise independent judgment and the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
8) Superior verbal and written communication skills.
9) Strong consultative and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
10) Stays informed on relevant insurance industry trends, legal expense management and bill review techniques.
11) Uses metrics and information analysis and accesses technology resources as needed.
12) Value driven to provide superior solutions to internal and/or external customers.
13) Acts with a sense of urgency to advance priorities of the organization.
14) Thinks creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems.
15) Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to provide clear concise and effective information on complex issues.
16) Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills to prioritize and execute on multiple projects.
17) Knowledge of business process improvement and ability to redesign and implement.
18) Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with the ability to motivate others.
19) Ability to deal with business partners in a professional manner and build collaborative relationships across the enterprise.
20) Ability to exercise professional judgment assuming responsibility for decision which impact people, processes, technology, cost and customers.
21) Ability to maintain direction and professionalism in high-pressure situations.
22) Willingness to embrace change and successfully implement new approaches and ideas.
23) Ability to foster teamwork toward a common objective
What we prefer you to have:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
A minimum of 3 years of operations management experience in a claim office
Experience leading a project desired.
Be in the office 3 days per week
For this position, we currently expect to offer a base salary in the range of $85,000-$100,000 (GA) $90,000-$105,000 (NY & NJ) *. The specific salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including the experience of the successful candidate and their work location. In addition, all employees are eligible for competitive incentive targets, with awards based on overall corporate and individual performance. On top of this, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more. *
Rewarding. Challenging. Meaningful.
We are shaping the direction of Insurance and Reinsurance during a critical and exciting time for the industry.
Whether you are a student approaching graduation or a seasoned professional looking for a new environment, AXIS has the right challenges and career opportunities for you. At AXIS, we value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the success of our company.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.