Archcare CNA,PT/Days 22.5 in New York, New York
Works closely with the RN/Unit Manager in assisting each resident to attain and maintain highest level of functioning. Carries out the Residents' care plan as directed by the RN/ Unit Manager.
• Assists Residents with personal hygiene: tub baths, shower, bed baths, care or hair, nails, shaving and oral hygiene
• Assist Residents with toileting and incontinence care.
• Assist Residents with positioning as directed by care plan and / or nurse.
• Assists Residence with transfers.
• Change linens and beds as needed.
• Assists / provides Residents with range or motion exercises, ambulation, dressing and other nursing rehab measures, including adaptive devices as directed by the care plan and or / nurse.
• Assists Residence with meals by delivering trays or assisting residents to dinning area.
• Takes vital signs, weights, intake, output as directed by the unit supervisor and report findings to the Unit Supervisor.
• Assists Residence with dressing , ensures that dress is appropriate for the season and immediate environment.
• Maintains order and cleanliness of Residents room and unit , including the tidiness or Resident's dresser drawers and wardrobes.
• Maintains cleanliness of Residents equipments including hearing aides, eyeglasses, dentures, assistive devices, bedpans, basins, wheelchairs.
• Notifies RN/Unit Manager when residents needs clothing , shoes, etc.
• Transports residents to therapies, activities, clinics, Mass and all other appointments as needed.
• Assists with or is responsible for the collection of specimens as directed by the nurse.
• Reports to RN/ Manager when leaving the unit or returning to the unit.
• Reports to the RN/Unit Manager any unusual problems with residents, staff, equipment and/ or unit promptly.
• Attends mandatory inservice programs and other programs as directed.
• Provides diversional activities in order to promote stimulation and manage behavior concerns.
• Inputs residents information into a PDA- every shift.
• Performs all other related duties as directed by nurse.
• Assists resident with feeding and completion of all meals as directed by the care plan and or nurse.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Previous Nurse Aide experience preferred.
• Current New York State Nurse Aide Certificate.
Street: ArchCare at Mary Manning Walsh Home
Shift Start Time: 7 A
Shift End Time: 3 P
External Company URL: http://www.archcare.org/