Teachers College, Columbia University College Work Study (Education Leadership Programs) in New York, New York
College Work Study (Education Leadership Programs)
Apply now (https://secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com/apply/677/gateway/default.aspx?c=apply&lJobID=506435&lJobSourceTypeID=796&sLanguage=en-us) Job no:506435
Position type:College Work Study, Interim, Student, Temporary
The Programs in Education Leadership is seeking a Work-Study for the 2019-2020 Academic Year, who will assist with clerical and general office duties within the Education Leadership Program.
The Education Leadership Program aims to prepare graduate students for thoughtful and strategic leadership in schools, school systems, and educational organizations, and to be effective leaders, change agents, academic researchers and teachers. Our program includes masters and doctoral programs within the following sub-programs:
● Klingenstein Center for Independent School Leadership (masters degree),
● Summer Principals Academy (masters degree),
● Urban Education Leaders Ed.D. Program (UELP), and
● Ph.D. Program in Education Leadership.
Work-Study responsibilities will include:
● Office work as needed (printing, scanning, data-entry, mailing, etc…)
● Assisting with course preparation and advertisement (fliers, Canvas, rosters, etc., aggregate data from evaluations, etc.)
● Special Projects (bulletin board, events, website, merchandise, etc...)
● Organization and upkeep of electronic filing system
● Running errands
● Organizing and maintaining the EdL Conference Room and assisting with the general upkeep of the EdL main office-suite
● Represent the Education Leadership Program and Teachers College in a positive and friendly way during all interactions.
● Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills but also be comfortable working independently.
● Must possess a strong work ethic, strong professional and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
● Willingness to perform multiple tasks, including routine office work.
● Must have excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office, Google Office and Adobe Suite required.
College Work-Study Requirements
● Must have been awarded federal work-study for the term in which a work-study position is being sought.
● Must be a student matriculated in a TC degree program.
● Must be taking at least 6 credits (or equivalent, which includes full-time equivalent offerings - HBSK 6480, CCPJ 6480, CCPX 6480, or any 8900 course).
● Must be able to abide by the Student Confidentiality Agreement.
● Must be able to abide by the Student Privacy Requirements.
Full-time TC employees are not eligible for this position
Advertised:27 Aug 2020Eastern Daylight Time