Hilton Complex Director of Marketing - New York Hilton Midtown in New York, New York
The Director of Marketing for the NY/NJ Complex will oversee all Marketing planning and execution strategies for 2 hotels; New York Hilton Midtown and the Hilton Short Hills, NJ. This person will be accountable for the development, management, execution and measurement of all aspects of the marketing and branding strategies to include, but not limited to: Positioning, Marketing Budgets, Social Media, Websites, Advertising, Collateral, and Content. All efforts should be focused on maximizing performance. Success will be measured by budget achievement, increasing topline revenue, optimizing expenses, and achieving channel/market share objectives.
The Complex Director of Marketing will haveregular interaction with all hotel’s Director of Sales, Director of Revenue Management, and Director of Finance.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic marketing professional who thrives on creativity and strategic planning with the following experience:
- Branding / Positioning
- Omni-Channel Marketing Strategy
- Media & PR Strategy
- Content Strategy
- Storytelling from Data/Data Analysis
- Ability to Engage Others / Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Agency Management
- Leadership & People Management
- Budget Management
What will I be doing?
Marketing and eCommerce Planning and Execution
- Branding & Positioning
: Establishes all messaging, positioning and marketing strategiesunderstanding the impact to the hotels' business mix, customer, and commercial strategy. Also delivers content and messaging that meets brand standards. + Plan & Budget : Develops strategic marketing plans and annual marketing budgetsalong with the hotel’s General Managers, Directors of Sales, and Directors of Revenue Management. Marketing plans should be annual, seasonal and by segment of deployment inclusive of cost and deployment strategies (traditional, digital, and/or social media) through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.Adjusts the marketing plan throughout the year as neededbased on performance data. + On-Property Experiences : Works alongside operations to develop the strategic direction of curated on-property experiences and activations. + B2B Sales & Catering Marketing Support : Collaborates with sales leadersto provide marketing support to all sales-impacted market segments, including but not limited to, BT (Business Transient) accounts, GDS, B2B Groups, and Luxury Consortia. Liaison with C&E (Catering & Events) leaders to support menu design and B2B marketing efforts for local and group catering revenue generation. + Market Research : conducts market-level research, such as SWOT analysis, competitive set studies, and paid marketing surveys to test current and/or new service levels and marketing concepts. + Content & Asset Strategy : Manages the strategic direction on all consumer facing marketing materials, including but not limited to: Website Content, 3rd Party Sites, and Digital & Print Advertising, Photography and Videography. + Agency Management: Responsible for the agency vetting process, agency relationship, and ensuring agency alignment to the wider strategic plan and goals. This includes the management of all hotel marketing agencies, including but not limited to: social, PR, Digital and Creative. + Revenue Optimization : Works with Revenue Management to utilize data when making strategic decisions focused on optimizing performance. + Social Media: Development of comprehensive social media strategy across all hotels including content development, audience building and social influencer partnerships. + Partnerships:
- Internal Partnerships: Works with and leverages internal corporate partners including but not limited to Brand Marketing, Regional Leaders, and the MEC.
- External Partnerships: Identifies partnership/sponsorship opportunities for joint outreach that align to the hotel's positioning.
Ownership & Corporate Meetings, Presentations and Reports
- Prepares for and attends all strategic meetings, ownership reviews (as needed) and corporate hotel reviews.
- In coordination with Revenue Management, presents out on marketing activity and performance results utilizing supporting data and maintains a forward-looking analysis/plan and strategic direction.
- Prepares for and attends all budget meetings.
- In coordination with Revenue Management, helps prepare marketing activity reports on regular cadence and on an as-needed basis.
Human Resources/ People Management
- Oversees the management, training, coaching, and career development of the complex marketing team.
- Works with the Managed Support Team on alignment for marketing job descriptions and hiring of candidates for complex marketing positions.
- Creates a career development plan and actively participates in continuing education opportunities to ensure further professional development.
* What are we looking for? *
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
* What will it be like to work for Hilton? *
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across itsglobal brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. Our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Marketing Services
Title: Complex Director of Marketing - New York Hilton Midtown
Requisition ID: HOT07V7B
- Hilton Jobs