Gensler Content Studio Director - Digital Experience Design in New York, New York
The Content Studio Director will be tasked to build and lead a world class in-house team of multidisciplinary storytellers to produce dynamic, engaging, and immersive experiential content for our global Digital Experience Design Practice. They will be a seasoned manager, producer, business builder and client partner with a background in content creation across multiple platforms and audiences.
The Content Studio Director will work strategically with our regional teams to craft large-scale experiences across a variety of verticals including mixed use, sports, aviation, retail, etc. They will develop new production processes to ensure exceptional collaboration and seamless delivery to our clients.
The Director will wear many hats they will scope projects, work with the best talent in the industry, speak the language of design and manage the growth of a growing studio. They are creative, resourceful, sharp and entrepreneurial. Most importantly, a positive leader and relationship builder, they are passionate about the intersection of physical and digital.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Oversee, direct and nurture a multidisciplinary creative team that includes: 3D Animators, Technologists, Editors, Motion Designers, Lighting and Sound Designers, VFX Specialists, Compositors.
* Engage with content team members on managing project budgets and deadlines to ensure a streamlined production process.
* Work closely with Gensler stakeholders across Digital Experience Design, Brand, Architecture and Interiors on scheduling, scoping and resourcing to successfully deliver together during the production phase.
* Leverage your extensive network of vendors and freelance talent across different sectors (design, 2D animation, 3D animation, post-production, etc.)
* Find opportunities to standardize production methods and improve the content production process.
* Propose solutions that allow our clients to grow their business, reach larger audiences and drive change through the power of content.
* Manage the financials and key metrics of the Content Studio and ensure growth targets are met on a quarterly basis.
* 10+ years as a Managing Director, Director of Production or Studio Director, with production and client services background.
* Possess a core understanding of the technology and visual content production processes used in large-scale immersive environments.
* Exceptional portfolio which demonstrates expertise in stunning, award winning content. Large scale experiential content a plus! Experience in film, video, digital, exhibit and/or theatrical design.
* Experience designing in the built environment with a focus on multi-channel, multi-platform storytelling.
* Exposure to working with architecture and interior design partners.
* Hands-on understanding of working with specialties such as lighting design, AV, hardware design, sound design, etc.
* Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize work and resources across long and short-term needs.
* Proven success building teams and mentoring talent.
* Exceptional problem solver, critical, analytical and strategic thinker.
* Entrepreneurial and business minded attitude with strong project management and leadership background.
* Must have excellent workshop, presentation and communication skills.
LIFE AT GENSLER
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
GENSLER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY WORKPLACE AND IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL ASPECTS OF EMPLOYMENT DECISIONS WILL BE BASED ON MERIT, COMPETENCE, PERFORMANCE, AND BUSINESS NEEDS. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASES OF ANY STATUS PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW. IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE OR AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY YOU MAY CONTACT US HERE. WE CELEBRATE DIVERSITY AND ARE COMMITTED TO CREATING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR OUR COLLEAGUES.
Employer's Job# R-2470
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.