Helen of Troy Copywriter - OXO in New York, New York
Join our OXO Team at Helen of Troy as our **Copywriter** (hybrid work onsite and from home), and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
At OXO, we're on a quest to make every day better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before - especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this," then you belong here.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day, and think you should, too.
**What you will be doing:**
The Copywriter is responsible for the naming, product positioning and feature and benefit messaging that will be read by millions of OXO consumers across the globe. An editorial leader for the marketing team and the company at large, this person is responsible for conceiving and writing on-brand, cohesive and elevated messaging across all OXO shopping experiences. They'll verbally communicate the OXO brand across all packaging, e-commerce, video and retail touchpoints to support OXO's 1200-product portfolio and ensure all assets are differentiated, on and offline.
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Brand Voice, delivering tonally consistent copy that supports OXO's positioning, marketing objectives and business goals. The Copywriter writes copy that is SEO-rich, equity-building and evergreen.
- Develop and maintain copy, naming hierarchy, product positioning and feature and benefit messaging for all OXO products to be used on packaging and e-commerce pages.
- Differentiate OXO products within the portfolio through clear, specific copywriting that reduces shopper frustration and clarifies purchase decisions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Product Development, Direct to Consumer and Sales to bring products to market with effective, brand-right naming, messaging and collateral.
- Write product instructions to ensure transparency and ease of use for consumers.
- Write naming and messaging that differentiates OXO products from competitors' products.
- Deliver completed packaging and e-comm copy for 15-25 products per month.
- Work with internal and external resources to write copy for product videos.
- Research and keep abreast of competitor copywriting to enable continued competitive advantage and outstanding product messaging.
- Lead the maintenance of OXO Tone and Voice Guide to ensure consistent application of verbal style in grammar, punctuation and tone.
- Support Senior Manager, Brand Voice in evolution of the OXO Tone and Voice Guide as needed.
- Educate and indoctrinate broader organization on OXO Tone and Voice Guidelines to ensure consistency of messaging across touchpoints.
- As needed, brief OXO international and external marketers and review copy submissions to ensure consistent brand expression across regions.
- Proofread all packaging files prior to file release for overseas production.
- Ensure all OXO copy is accurate and grammatically correct.
- Consistently apply internal style guidelines on punctuation, capitalization and grammar.
- Ensure all online direct-to-consumer and e-comm copy is SEO friendly.
- Proofread content across channels and programs as needed, including but not limited to:
- Owned marketing channels: social media, email, blog, website, video
- Paid marketing channels: Brand advertising, performance advertising
- Retail: Packaging, store displays
- Trade: Tradeshow materials, including booth experience and ads
- PR: Press releases, awards submissions
- Train and lead team of 2 or more freelance Copywriters to write copy for packaging and e-commerce.
- Ensure Copywriters apply the OXO brand voice across channels and audiences.
- Train writers to work cross-functionally to steward the brand with diplomacy and collaboration.
- Ensure all copy is completed time, on brand and with excellence.
**Skills needed to be successful in this role**:
- Excellent oral and written English interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, time management, and efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in Writing or Marketing
- 5+ years professional experience in copywriting for consumer brands, e-commerce and packaging
- Writing for culinary brands, channels, publishers or retailers
- SEO-rich copywriting for direct-to-consumer and e-comm brands
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, PPT, Excel
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat
- Experience working across print, packaging, web, e-commerce, retail and interactive media
- Familiarity with project management software (Smartsheets, Basecamp, Asana)
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Experience directing copywriting team
**New York:** New York City Human Rights Law requires employers in the state of NY to disclose the following information. Salary Minimum: $47,836.31; Maximum: $93,101.42. The base salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including but not limited to location, experience, skill level, and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees.
**Benefits:** Salary + Bonus**,** Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, 401(k) with company match, Basic Life Insurance, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Charitable (volunteer)Leave, and Educational Assistance
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit **www.helenoftroy.com** . You can also find us on **LinkedIn** , **Glassdoor** , **Facebook** , **Instagram** and **Twitter** .
**Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.** We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in1968,Helen of Troy has grown into a leadingglobal consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Osprey®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Braun®, Vicks®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank \#1 or \#2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great.We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centricinnovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services tomake them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.