Harbor Group Management Corp Multifamily Operations - Revenue Manager in New York, New York
Corp Multifamily Operations - Revenue Manager
Harbor Group Management Company, 24 West 40th Street, New York, New York, United States of America Req #1243
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Harbor Group Management Company is a multi-billion dollar real estate investment and property management firm. As we continue to grow, we are looking for passionate, goal oriented, creative individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and great communication skills. Harbor Group is dedicated to outstanding customer service and providing exquisite living experience for our residents.
Job Title: Revenue Manager
Division: Operations Support
This position will report directly to the Vice President, Revenue Management. The Revenue Manager will be responsible for forecasting and analyzing market demand and unit availability for multifamily assets based on supply, demand, and competitor information. This position will serve as the LRO expert and work closely with Regional and Property Operations to optimizing pricing decisions and maximize asset revenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude but are not limited to:
• Utilize and optimize revenue management pricing software (LRO) to produce data as it pertains to new lease and renewal pricing.
• Execute and analyze pricing decisions in accordance with the goals set by Regional Managers, Asset Managers and all Owner representatives.
• Conduct weekly pricing calls with Property and Regional Managers to establish pricing for apartments. Support on-site teams with the daily application of LRO pricing including monitoring compliance.
• Monitor relationship between pricing practices, market performance and consumer acceptance. Optimize rental revenue through accurate forecasting and appropriate selling strategies utilizing LRO.
• Assess occupancy, exposure, expirations, traffic, leasing and seasonal market trends for assigned portfolio(s).
• Manage apartment amenities and lease term premiums based on supply and demand trends; conduct regular audits and review with Regional Managers to determine areas of opportunity.
• Support ongoing review of new lease parameters, supply & demand forecasts, and ongoing performance against rent growth targets.
• Develop renewal strategies based on portfolio goals and market data. Advise on strategy and oversee monthly execution of renewal offers.
• Manage LRO set up and implementation for new acquisitions. Train on-site and regional teams on all aspects related to revenue management and LRO. Develop and/or modify training materials for Revenue Management.
• Utilize market data to enhance performance and drive insight into maximizing asset performance. Monitor competitor pricing to maintain understanding of local markets.
• Advise on revenue forecasting for new acquisitions. Contribute and provide forecasting revenue insight on the annual budgeting process.
• Evaluate performance of properties and suggest corrective actions for nonperforming properties. Create and distribute scheduled reporting regarding property & portfolio performance.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferred in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field of study.
• Minimum 5 years of Revenue Management or Pricing Position Management experience.
• Strong understanding of Revenue Management theory and practices.
• Strong mathematical background and ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal, at all levels of the organization.
• Multi-family, travel or hospitality industry experience highly preferred.
• Previous experience with Revenue Management software experience, LRO or Yieldstar preferred.
• Strong analysis, attention to detail and decision making-skills.
• Friendly yet authoritative communication style.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work well under time / other constraints.
• Works well independently, takes initiative and can effectively prioritize.
• Flexibility to travel up to 15%.
This pre-employment application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Each question should be answered in a complete and accurate manner as no action can be taken on this application until all questions have been answered.
Job Family Operations Support
Pay Type Salary
- Harbor Group Management Company, 24 West 40th Street, New York, New York, United States of America