New York Life Insurance Co Corporate Vice President, Strategy and Business Insights in New York, New York
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. Its a career journey you can be proud of, and youll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortunes Worlds Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses Be Good At Life. To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
NEW YORK LIFE IS SEEKING HIGHLY QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS TO JOIN ITS AGENCY DISTRIBUTION DEPARTMENT, THE COMPANYS PRIMARY RETAIL DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS, BASED IN NEW YORK, NY.
New York Lifes primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents and 600 managers across the country, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. New York Life agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds. Every agent is affiliated with one of the companys 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and manager recruiting, development, and sales.
This role is with the Strategy and Business Insights Group in the Agency Department and located in New York, NY.
As a member of this team, you will work closely with the Head of the Agency Department and the Senior Leadership Team to help design and develop distribution-focused strategies.
* Frame and analyze complex problems
* Develop pragmatic solutions to key strategic and operational issues
* Develop and present recommendations to senior leadership
* Facilitate dialogue on highest value strategic problems to develop an integrated Agency perspective on options for path forward
* Play a key role in informing and influencing senior management decision making
* Approach projects holistically, owning and driving end-to-end delivery of solutions
* Drive strategic alignment between Agency stakeholders and external business partners on strategic and tactical initiatives across the business
* Facilitate strategic planning and prioritization activities within Agency, including ongoing governance and measurements
* Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise (e.g., field distribution best practices, financial advisor models, digital enablement, etc.)
We are looking for outstanding individuals with pragmatic problem-solving skills, strong communications & influencing capabilities, and a passion to effect change across the organization at the most senior levels
* Bachelors degree required, MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
* 4-6 years at a top-tier management consulting firm (seasoned engagement manager), and/or corporate strategy role at a financial services company
* Strong critical thinking, analytical and quantitative abilities
* Strong communication skills including experience in developing executive presentations
* Experience in financial services is required, insurance expertise is a plus
* Experience in businesses with retail distribution networks such as insurance, wealth management, consumer banking
* Expertise and knowledge in distribution capabilities & trends, financial advisory landscape & tr...