Hanesbrands Inc. Creative Designer - Women's in New York, New York
HanesBrands, Inc., (HBI) is a global company with more than 59,000 associates in 33 countries, all working together to create the world's best apparel to include iconic brands such as Champion, Hanes, Bali, Bonds, and many more. We offer enormous opportunities for creative thinkers, for people with a passion for consumers, and for people who think like business owners. We're building a truly inclusive culture, where people of different backgrounds, races, cultures and experiences come together to make us stronger. We are a sustainable company committed to making a positive difference in our communities and around the world.
As our Women's Creative Designer, you will use your passion for creativity, outstanding design skills and innovation to create original designs that capture Champion's DNA and lead the industry. This role requires an individual who can identify key trends and translate them into meaningful designs that resonate with our consumers.
- Proven design expertise and innovation driver in women's lifestyle/street apparel tops, bottoms, fleece.
- Successful in identifying Women's trend, culture, color, consumer trend and innovation.
- Do market research of current/future trends, color, culture, and sports to stay ahead of consumer needs.
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative designs that align to consumer insights.
- Execute all technical construction details, style, fit, trims etc. for active lifestyle apparel category.
- Accustomed to working in a rapidly changing, high growth environment and to manage multiple and competing work priorities/calendars, demands and changes.
- Ability to design brand appropriate product within the financial targets.
- Create technical drawings of construction and details so that information is interpreted exactly as intended.
- Select materials based on their functional properties, aesthetics and costs while in support of the design.
- Proficient with garment fit and construction and able to independently conduct fit sessions with technical design partners.
- Ownership of design tech packs, color briefs and seasonal line sheets.
- Manage Associate designers.
- BA/BS Degree required or AA Fashion Degree with 9 years of equivalent experience
- People management experience desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Functional expertise in technical fit & construction
- Functional knowledge of both knit and woven fabrications
- Multi-tasking ability
- Demonstrate technical/creative ability
- Ability to learn and take direction
- Self motivated
- Sketch freehand and technical
- Ability to work in team environment
- Computer literate
- Mac, Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, PLM
- 3D software preferred but not required
- Must be able to travel domestically & internationally
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: