Ross Stores, Inc. Creative Project Coordinator (Traffic Specialist) in New York, New York
Creative Project Coordinator (Traffic Specialist)
About this job:
The Traffic Specialist will oversee packaging and creative design projects within our Home product category - to ensure on-time delivery of private brand and packaged product.
- Review workload management tools daily and weekly; set priorities for packaging team
- Communicate weekly project workload priorities and ETAs to internal clients (Merchants)
- Lead weekly workload meetings with Design, cross-functional teams and photo studio teams to communicate project status and time and action
- Organize workload daily; Anticipate challenges to project execution and generate solutions or workarounds to hit deadlines
- Track, analyze and forecast creative project count; use data on business peaks and valleys to propose solutions to flex creative team resources
- Maintain open communication channels with creative team on workload, priorities and calendar, on a daily basis
- Proactively communicate design impacts to production, including deadline shifts or other implications to cross-functional teams
- Regularly correspond with overseas teams to communicate time and action, status of assets for design and proofs/samples for approval
- Maintain calendar and schedule milestone meetings for Packaging and cross-functional teams
- Obtain and organize all packaging related assets (i.e. follow up on, obtain and save assets for packaging design die –lines, photography)
- Maintain updated packaging artwork and photography libraries
- Own maintenance and accuracy of workload tracking tools
- Schedule photo shoots across all product areas
- Communicate timelines to photo studio and cross-functional teams
- Follow up on samples for photography, ensure they are sent to photo studio in a timely manner
- Track completion of photography activities in the workload tracking tool
- Download and save all photography for creative teams
- Manage and process photo studio and stock photography invoices
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct project management experience at a large retail or wholesale company or creative agency
- Proficient in Microsoft office, strong excel skills on PC,required. Experience with adobe a plus
- Experience in time-and-action calendar management required
- Experience managing or collaborating with creatives/designers ideal
- Proven track record of managing projects from end to end, on time, achieving results and hitting deadlines
- Possesses strong communication skills and responsive to overseas and domestic colleagues
- Strong ability to collaborate with other colleagues using diplomacy
- Must be creative minded while overseeing and developing time-frames for multiple projects – adaptability and flexibility required
Knowledge and/or experience with packaging design a plus
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2017 revenues of $14.1 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,409 locations in 37 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates 213 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 16 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at: