MultiPlan Data Analyst & Oracle/SQL Developer (remote or in office) in New York, New York
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talent individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
JOB SUMMARY: The Health Care Economics Analyst III is responsible for reviewing and analyzing MultiPlan operations and associated data of an advanced to complex nature. This position is also responsible for analyzing and reporting accurate data and other information to higher levels as well as for serving as a resource for HCE Analysts I and II.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. May develop internal operational volume and performance reporting on the business.
2. May develop and distribute client-facing operational volume and performance reporting.
3. May create geographic and disruptive analyses intended to aid the sale of new business.
4. May analyze client and prospect claim files, with development of value based savings models.
5. May analyze internal operational processes and create incremental revenue opportunity stories based on process improvements.
6. Focus on creation and implementation of process improvement opportunities for Healthcare Economics
7. Serve as a mentor to less experienced and /or newer Healthcare Economics colleagues.
8. Present results to clients and /or MultiPlan Leadership team in a polished professional manner.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
13. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
The incumbent works under minimal supervision and with discretion to complete the job responsibilities. The incumbent relies on varied knowledge gained through previous experience to address advanced to complex issues and assignments that usually require interpretation and ingenuity. Work involves internal and external contacts that require satisfactory disposition, substantial adjustment, and/or changes in established standards or procedures. Contact with others requires tact, persuasiveness, minimum deviation from standard routings or the making of incidental adjustments to facilitate delivery of services or work output. The impact on day-to-day operations focuses on operating decisions at the major project or functional level. Work may be subject to occasional review. Generally one operates with wide latitude for unreviewed action or decision-making. The incumbent also aids HCE Analysts I and II finding solutions for complex issues.
Note: this job cannot be performed in Colorado.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
\* Minimum Bachelor's degree in statistics, accounting, finance, economics or related field, or equivalent experience
\* Minimum 5 years experience in provider compensation or related area preferably within a healthcare environment
\* Knowledge of managed care contracts and principles and concepts of statistical analysis
\* Technical skills required to automate requests, create more complex queries, and make those queries run effectively
\* Problem solving, decision making, analytical, organization, and communication skills
\* Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of MultiPlan and external clients
\* Ability to understand the business logic behind business processes
\* Abiliyy to use software, hardware, and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office, as well a PLSQL and/or Oracle
\* Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent projects
\* Ability to perform varied and complex aspects of statistical analysis at an intermediate level
\* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
Medical, dental and vision coverage (low copay & deductible
Short- and long-term disability
401(k) + match
Generous Paid Time Off
Paid company holidays
Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please .
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled