Hanesbrands Inc. Design Director, Intimates in New York, New York
The Design Director provides leadership and oversees all facets of the
Intimate Apparel seasonal design strategy and development process of
various product lines by working cross-functionally with Merchandising,
R&D, Sales and Supply Chain. The Director will identify innovations to
provide design inspiration and guidance for new product concepts that
will focus on mega trends and business objectives to drive sales in the
Intimate Apparel market segment. The products must drive profitable
market share while meeting the quality and creative standards of the
This is a highly strategic, creative and technical position that
requires working collaboratively with strong leadership and the ability
to manage and motivate teams in addition to being a category expert in
the Intimates market, inclusive of trends, color, fabric development and
manufacturing technological advances.
- Visionary leader that identifies and champions product
innovation/technology while maintaining brand heritage and integrity
throughout all Intimate Apparel brands.
- Communicate visions and concepts clearly, confidently, and
strategically to all segments of the organization.
- Genuine passion for identifying future consumer trends by hitting
the peak of the trend curve; honed sense of product, performance,
and consumers and Intimate Apparel requirements in driving &
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can present and
sell into all levels internally & externally, communicating a clear
and inspiring vision.
- Proven success identifying trend, color, and silhouette and
forecasting current and future state to accurately be a leader in
- Proactively initiate "Blue Sky" developments that drive innovation
and address white space as incremental opportunities.
- Command of the development cycle and related calendar timelines, and
keep the team focused, meeting all deadlines.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent; create appropriate succession
- Direct a team of designers and merchandisers who are responsible for
the creative and technical development to create compelling, brand
enhancing products adhering to profitability goals.
- Responsible for all product design from concept through market
adoption. Approve all design materials - sketches, fabrications,
trims, hardware, and shape (design aesthetic). Work with vendors on
fabrics, trims, developments and start pad development innovations.
- Oversee fit sessions; identify and resolve quality and technical
- BS/BA Degree required or AA Fashion Degree.
- 10+ years in the industry required, minimum 5 years management
- Merchandising experience required.
- Fit expertise in Intimate Apparel and shapewear required.
- Experience in women's Intimate Apparel with proven ability to
incorporate marketing direction to products.
- Comprehensive understanding of garment construction and textile
- Computer literacy with the ability to use CAD applications.
- Proficient financial skills related to garment cost and
- Strong verbal, public speaking, and written communication skills.
Ability to effectively communicate complex and /or controversial
concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- Accustomed to working in a rapidly changing, high-growth
- Displays the highest level of business ethics in all endeavors.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Self-starter who brings a level of passion, enthusiasm, and focus to
their day to day business & can multi-task in a fast-paced
- Superior organizational skills; highly detail oriented, meticulous,
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to mentor, lead and collaborate with cross functional teams
to achieve goals.
- Open minded, great listener and challenge status quo.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United
States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for
employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application and hiring process should contact us directly: