Renfro Corporation Designer K. Bell in New York, New York
Designer K. Bell
Job Location Renfro - New York - New York, NY
Position Type Full Time
Education Level 4 Year Degree
Salary Range Undisclosed
Travel Percentage Undisclosed
Job Shift Undisclosed
Job Category Other
Designer * K. Bell
The Designer leads the creative strategy, concept and product development for K. Bell in partnership with internal sales, brand and merchandising teams seasonally. Supports forward thinking ideas & trend analysis centered on the Women s, Men s and Kids socks across multiple distribution channels including but not limited to Big Box, Specialty store, B 2 C, off price and shoe channel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Builds and maintains relationships with Design, Merchandising, Brand and Sales to effectively communicate department needs and design request.
* Creates and sets strategy with internal teams seasonally based on trends, sales and competition.
* Understands the K. Bell DNA and translates into multi-channel hosiery categories.
* Conducts marketplace research for trending knit stitches, patterns, and color. Analyzes seasonal trends and market research into hosiery concepts and uses as inspiration for new ideas.
* Combines self-directed research with seasonal brand direction and strategies to create cohesive assortment.
* Presents seasonal and brand relevant hosiery concepts to internal teams.
* Translates original ideas into technical specification, including detailed construction information. Manages technical specifications for proper execution of concepts based on changes advised by Product Development.
* Collaborates with Design Director on workflow and processes, meeting deadlines and achieving company goals.
* Identifies opportunities and provides solutions for process improvements.
* Develops and presents internal and external presentations on behalf of the women s division.
* Continuously seeks to learn new knit constructions as it pertains to fit features, functions, and fashion.
* Adheres to established internal calendars to meet all deadlines.
* Actively leads and participates in group and team meetings.
* Manages product life cycle from concept to final approved samples.
* Evaluates prototypes and provides comments to the mill; maintains mill relationships by communicating effectively and in a timely manner.
* Partners with product development team to re-source current products to achieve better margins.
* Performs additional duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Four-year degree in design, fashion, textiles, or product development. Will consider equivalent industry experience or three years or more combined with certificate program.
* Ten years of closely related design experience in hosiery or knitwear.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
* Demonstrated leadership experience leading a cross functional team.
* Strong presentation skills to validate design concepts to internal sales groups and to Ralph Lauren leadership.
* Ability to conceptually visualize and build a line from start to finished product.
* Knowledge and understanding of sock and hosiery machinery.
* Strong team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills.
* Excellent aesthetic sense for composition and color matching.
* Willingness to adapt and an inherent drive for successful realization of a saleable product.
* Knowledge of PLM, Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop a plus but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Frequently required to sit, talk, listen and reach with hands and arms.
* Frequently required to walk, stand, bend, and stoop.
* Regularly required to push and lift bins that weigh up to 25 pounds.
* Rarely required to push and lift boxes up to 55 pounds with assistance, such as a two-person lift.
* Regularly required to travel to multiple work sites.
* Consistent daily attendance required; occasional off-shift support, required .
The work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Air-conditioned and smoke-free office environment.
OCCASIONAL: ACTIVITY EXISTS LESS THAN 2/3 OF THE TIME.
FREQUENT: ACTIVITY EXISTS 2/3 OF THE TIME.
Employer's Job# 20871
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.