The Donna Karan Company LLC Designer, Men's Activewear (Sports) in New York, New York
GIII Apparel Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of apparel and accessories under licensed brands, owned brands and private label brands with an entrepreneurial culture that flows throughout the comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and proprietary brands, including Andrew Marc, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi's, Dockers, Vince Camuto, Kensie, and G.H. Bass, among others.
GIII also has licenses with the four major professional sports leagues, as well as over 100 U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, G-III currently designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of apparel, including outerwear, dresses, sportswear, beachwear, women's suits and women's performance wear, as well as luggage and women's handbags, small leather goods and various accessories.
GIII Apparel Group is currently seeking a Men's Activewear Designer to join it's Sports Licensing team based in New York City!
• Excellent illustrator skills for flats and tech packs
• Day to day communication with overseas offices and internal team
• Multitasking on various seasons
• Day to day up keep of filing and organization of fabric, trims and development packages
• Developing fabric qualities for each season with overseas offices and vendors.
• Researching design concepts, inspiration, trends and styling details for collection development
• Develop seasonal mood boards
• Collaborate with sales, merchandiser and production specialist to meet their needs (price points, sku counts)
• Staying on calendar by setting specific schedules of each development stage.
• Creating conspicuous and detailed technical packages.
• Work with Director of Design to execute seasonal direction.
• Create design maps / boards / cads
• Bachelor's degree in fashion design, menswear and/or related field
• 5-7 years of industry experience in Men's Active design
• Strong working knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator
• Strong ability to translate ideas through sketching
• Strong understanding of specing process / garment construction.
• Good understanding of price points and the financial aspect of designing
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Keen eye for market and menswear specific trends
Advertised Job Title: Designer, Men's Activewear (Sports)
External Company Name: Donna Karan Company LLC, The
External Company URL: http://www.donnakaran.com/
Street: 512 7th Avenue