Retail Brand Alliance, Inc Designer, Women's Mainline in New York, New York
Designer, Women's Mainline
Location:New York, NY (Corporate Office)
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Brooks Brothers has been a clothing experience for discerning customers for 200 years. We build on our reputation for product quality and style every day. Careers and life milestones have been defined in Brooks Brothers clothing.
The diversity of our operations has recently created an opportunity for anWomen’s Mainline Designerlocated at our New York, NY offices. The candidate will design innovative, functional and quality Women’s apparel for our mainline division that represent the Brooks Brothers standards in aesthetic, heritage while distinguishing from outwear competitors. The successful candidate will have design experience and understand fabrication technology and garment performance.
· Design seasonal collection of separates, softs, and outerwear for the Women’s Mainline Collection and Outlet Division.
· Must have a strong sense of fashion and color with the ability to design classic heritage preppy apparel with a new twist.
· Collaborate with the Design Director and team to create impactful seasonal color, concept seasonal presentation and special projects.
· Strong fabric and trim knowledge for new development, fabric, trim and trends with mills, vendors, and market research at digital and store level ensuring costing requirements for each customer.
· Complete design and trim packages in PLM for development samples.
· Manage time and action calendar to meet deadlines.
· Maintain all follow up on design development, including Lab dips and strike-offs.
· Work closely with Merchandising to design into the product map needs.
· Participate in all fittings and correction follow up with production and technical design team.
· Shop the marketplace for new development and fashion inspiration.
· Must collaborate well with all cross functional teams such as merchandising, production and technical design.
Must have a degree in Fashion Design or a related subject
Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience in Womenswear
Experienced with Illustrator, Photoshop, and PLM
Knowledge of performance and technical pattern making, garment construction, fit and execution
Ability to select and develop fabrics and trims applicable to the target retail price of garment
Ability to collaborate and cross function with Product Development, Merchandising and Brand Management
Able to work well with others to build a solid, positive work environment and be extremely organized
Be able to communicate with design team and fabric and trim R and D teams to create product to support the seasonal concept of Creative Director
Passionate in finding inspiration, and market trends for profitable performance of women's mainline collections
Brooks Brothers is proud to offer our Associates competitive compensation, a fulfilling work environment, unique and special benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.We invite you to submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration.
Best Regards,The Talent Acquisition Team of Brooks BrothersIt is the policy of Brooks Brothers to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or other protected class status.
Apply To This Job