Jewish Community Center Development Assistant and Board Liaison in New York, New York
Department: Financial Resources Development (FRD)
*Report to: Chief Development Officer*
JCC Association seeks an enthusiastic, independent, and dynamic professional to serve as Development Assistant and Board Liaison in our FRD Department.This full-time position will support the development (fundraising) team by overseeing the organization's donor database, serving as liaison to JCC Association's continental Board of Directors, and providing administrative support to the Chief Development Officer (CDO).
The Development Assistant & Board Liaison offers administrative support to JCC Association's development office, working in partnership with the CDO and Director of Individual Giving. Key responsibilities include a variety of tasks related to institutional and individual giving, managing relationships with Board Members, current and prospective donors, and researching ways to bring in additional funds. This position will also track all philanthropic requests, pledges and contributions in the donor database, generate donor acknowledgments, and manage donor lists for mailings, communications, etc.
Successful candidates are creative and critical thinkers, possess strong verbal and written skills, and are highly organized, detail-oriented, and capable of tackling multiple projects at a time. Candidates should work well independently, but also thrive as a member of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.It is essential to have good interpersonal skills and maintain a level of professionalism and integrity for interacting with donors, board members and volunteers.
*To Be Considered Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter to Irina Khomina*
- Bachelor's degree and nonprofit experience required
- Development office and database management experience a plus; executive administrative support and volunteer relations experience also considered
- Strong interpersonal, administrative and organizational abilities, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and capacity to learn and utilize fundraising databases. Must be detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple assignments in a busy environment.
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, ability to track and analyze donor database, and capacity for collaborating and working independently
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and move quickly from one project to another while meeting deadlines
- Competency for representing the institution well to the general public and funders
- Desire to enter or advance within the Development field and to learn and develop institutional fundraising skills
JCC Association is the continental umbrella organization for the Jewish Community Center Movement, which includes more than 350 JCCs, YM-YWHAs, and camp sites in the U.S. and Canada. JCC Association offers a wide range of services and resources to help its affiliates to provide educational, cultural, social, Jewish identity-building and recreational programs for people of all ages and backgrounds. JCC Association supports the largest network of Jewish early childhood centers and Jewish summer camps in North America, and is also a U.S. government accredited agency for serving the religious and social needs of Jewish military personnel through JWB Jewish Chaplains Council. Learn more at**jcca.org**, on_ Facebookand_ on_ Twitter._
Date Posted: 04/16/2019
Title: Development Assistant and Board Liaison
JCC: JCC Association
Location: New York, NY