NBC Universal Dir, International Program Management in New York, New York
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture. We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.
The Director, International Program Management, Technology Delivery will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of the portfolio supporting Peacock’s international roadmap and business needs. As a seasoned program management leader, the candidate will align business priorities with technical approach, develop and communicate clear plans, prioritize appropriately, and deliver commitments on time.
To be successful, this senior leader must combine a strong Program Management background, a meaningful understanding of the core business, and a balanced strategic and pragmatic approach to problem-solving. As the lead for the international technology portfolio, they will establish appropriate program governance, lead delivery communications across the company, ensure transparency of progress and risk, identify and engage key stakeholders, and ensure cross-functional alignment and clear decision-making processes are in place. This candidate will need to display deftness in managing critical decision making, anticipating and mitigating risks, exploring and implementing contingency plans, and providing frequent, appropriate and timely updates to our executive team.
The successful candidate will have a track record of strong Program Management experience that includes involvement in launching products or platforms in multiple international markets. As a primary responsibility they will lead the initiation and shaping phase of the international program, by working closely with architects and delivery leads, and coordinating input from the business teams, to drive solution definition. Success will require building and maintaining strong relationships with business, product and technology teams, to ensure successful delivery. They will work with engineering teams across the organization, and the Technology PMO, to ensure that the committed roadmap and pipeline are well articulated, understood and managed against available capacity.
This position will report to the Vice President of Platform & International Technology Delivery, and will work in a highly matrixed structure, managing technology teams across NBC, Sky and the wider Comcast group, as well as with multiple areas of the business. This position will line manage a team of project managers, program managers and analysts. It will also be responsible for directing consultants for current and future initiatives.
Lead multiple teams across NBC, Sky and Comcast in multiple geo-locations and time zones to drive programs focused on Peacock’s international expansion
Manage a roadmap of international platform launches, a portfolio of potential joint ventures with other companies and enhancements to the existing Peacock proposition in pursuit of highly scalable, effective and dynamic global OTT product
Ensure effective communication both within and external to the delivery team, and that the team are clear on goals and objectives.
Ensure regular reporting of status across all programs and projects, establishing the right controls within the team to ensure accurate status, pro-active risk management and robust plans.
Ensure establishment of program plans throughout the life-cycle of the delivery. Ensure change is controlled, dependencies identified and risks & issues managed.
Act as first point of escalation, providing assistance and guidance throughout delivery.
Build and maintain relationships with the business sponsors, understanding their goals and motivations, and shaping the technology roadmap to meet these business objectives.
Regularly liaison with resource managers to ensure both resources and roadmap slots are secured and maintained; manage contention with other program and projects.
Coach and mentor the team to ensure a consistently high performance across the portfolio.
Strive for continuous improvement in our processes and procedures, identify, propose and implement changes to ensure a productive and effective organization
Ensure quality is considered throughout delivery, working with QA and trials teams to ensure outputs are thoroughly tested and proven before deployment to customers and handed over to support.
• 8+ years program or project management experience in a technology, engineering, or media company delivering complex, multi-workstream programs
• Strategic and pragmatic with excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to tailor to all levels of an organization.
• Strong self-starter, able to to come up to speed quickly and contribute in a diverse set of technical areas, without requiring significant oversight and direction.
• Ability to effectively present ideas and key insights in all communications with senior and executive leadership teams
• Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors, including those outside of direct purview
• Pro-active approach to delivery, identifying and neutralizing threats to success; positive approach to addressing conflict.
• Calm under pressure, flexible to changing circumstances and able to make quick and rational decisions and maintain the focus of the team.
• Strong political acumen, able to tailor style and approach to influence teams and individuals to gain the commitment and performance required to deliver on our promises.
• Good working understanding of media technology systems; able to have meaningful discussions with technology experts.
• Track record of delivery utilizing internal software development teams in an agile environment.
• Ability to take complex technology discussions and break them down for non-technical groups
• Broad knowledge of program and project management methodologies and techniques
• Good understanding of the global media landscape, and technology’s influence
• Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
• Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent, background in technology or engineering a significant plus; relevant project or program management qualification.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Specialist experience in OTT application delivery, targeted advertising, or data & analytics a considerable plus.
• Digital/OTT experience that includes international expansion, product launches and go-to-market launch planning
• Demonstrable experience delivering technology change within digital/OTT sector including AVOD, SVOD, TVOD and PVOD
• Previous experience working with remote delivery teams, international experience a considerable plus.
• MS/BS/MBA strongly preferred
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
- NBC Universal Jobs