S&P Global Director, Application Development - Access Control & Content Management in New York, New York
Grade ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 13
The Team: Sits within Product Engineering Technology organization. We design, develop, and support all enterprise Control and Technology Risk products and implement product vision for Identity and Access Management, Entitlements Management, Privileged Access Management, and global Document Content Management for the S&P Global Ratings organization. Focusing on best in class user experience, quality first, agile driven culture the team is part of Workflow and Controls product line.
The Impact: Be a part of a unique opportunity to define and enable S&P Ratings Controls and Content Management future. Assisting the organization to evolve a more strategic, proactive and global operations; to make strong controls a business advantage by enhancing S&P’s Identity and Access Management framework. You will a lead a global staff of software engineers and partner with your Product Management and Quality peers to support setting technical vision and leading Control and Content Management products. You will have the ability to make significant impact and shape the future of the strategic platforms, as well as interact with multiple Ratings teams, provide thought leadership and drive innovation.
What we are looking for: This is a senior role and you will function as a Director and Strategic Lead for a large number of interrelated, business-critical capabilities and applications. We are looking for seasoned technologist to lead execution of strategic initiatives that will achieve our business and technology vision.
Fundamental to this role is a demonstrable ability to combine your strong leadership and problem solving skills with deep technical and delivery know how. You must have exceptional collaboration and communication skills, be highly motivated, creative and engaged. As a servant leader, you will enable experienced engineers and the teams they support to drive business value while your organization focuses on, planning, building, improving, innovating and contributing to the Controls product vision.
Strong candidate with understanding of IAM principles, CMS solutions (such as OpenText Documentum), experience with Cloud Development (AWS preferred), IT infrastructure, Agile Methodologies, DevOps, Web Development, Authentication (OAuth) and authorization. The role also requires the candidate to be proficient with traditional Unix and SQL concepts.
• Lead design and build activities supporting technology roadmaps for Identity and Access Managed (IAM) and Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platforms, including design reviews, code reviews and architecture reviews.
• Collaborate with product managers and other teams to lead technical design and implementation efforts to build identity provisioning features in areas such as Privileged Access Management, access termination, birthright provisioning as well as access request and fulfilment.
• Execute on a multi-year roadmaps to drive business value, work closely with other IAM and Risk teams to support functional Controls areas and foundational services. Work to integrate with other IAM technologies such as Okta and ServiceNow.
• Have strong subject matter knowledge of IAM disciplines such as Access Request and Fulfilment, Birthright provisioning, access termination, Access Certifications, Privileged Access Management and Policy Based Access Controls
• Design and implement applications in the cloud (AWS) environment.
• Leading and manage geographically distributed engineering teams.
• Analyze unique, non-routine technical, analytical or business problems in a timely and insightful manner, guide others and helps teams resolve difficult technical issues and problems.
• Lead risk and regulatory driven projects across S&P Ratings.
• Adherence to the Security Standards, Change Management process and Engineering Standards.
• Be the team's solution architect and advice technical solution design process, coordinate design reviews with architecture and community leadership and ensure that the solution accounts for non-functional requirements (NFR)
• Monitor and resolve technical issues (code quality, stability, security, performance, etc.) that arise. Ensure accurate and timely escalation of risks trough the appropriate channels
• Serve as technical point of contact on the team to help distribute messages. (e.g. Ensuring guidelines, standards and cascaded information is passed distributed to scrum team)
• Use his experience and vigilance to identify the risks proactively and provide possible mitigation paths and impact analysis. If required broadcasts in the right forums for right resolution.
• l Identify and help to mitigate any external dependencies (e.g. data dependencies)
• Experience with OpenText Documentum platform, specifically Documentum Content Management, Document Content Server Administration, Documentum APIs CLI, Documentum Foundational Classes (DFC), Documentum Foundational Services (DFS) and understand Documentum Index Server(xPlore) OR Experience building IAM provisioning platforms, and effective internal controls or configuring and integrating at least one market leading IAM provisioning tool such as SailPoint or Saviynt.
• Understanding of microservices, and MFE front end architectures
• 12+ years of experience designing non-trivial, modern web portals for a global audience
• 8+ Hands-on experience contributing to application architecture & designs, proven software/enterprise integration design patterns and full-stack knowledge including modern distributed front end and back end technology stacks. Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience with building and supporting solutions in the Cloud environment including a strong understanding of cloud native architectures, design patterns and best practices. Preferably full understanding of AWS routing and DB services (ie Route53, ALB, API Getaways, ELB, VPCs)
• Experience with DevOps tools such as GitHub, ADO, Ansible, Artifactory in a cloud environment.
• Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. This includes understanding requirements, technical specifications, design, architecture, implementation, unit testing, builds/deployments, and code management, and Independently drive and execute them.
• Experience programing in at least one major language: Java preferred (5+ years)
• Strong knowledge of APIs and connector standards such as SCIM, SAML and REST (Restful services)
• Excellent communication skills, including an ability to speak effectively in small and large-group settings, tailoring presentations/communications to varied audiences (i.e. business vs. technical and working group vs. executive management) and to write clearly in internal memos, presentations and e-mails
• Willingness to be hands-on and detailed oriented
• Be a self-starter and an excellent team player
• Look at external companies, products and capabilities and how they may accelerate Ratings Technology initiatives
• Be relentlessly curious, take ownership and challenge the status quo
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Sciences required; Master’s preferred.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $122,200 to $253,800. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 261328
Posted On: 2021-05-10
Location: New York, New York, United States
- S&P Global Jobs