Ross Stores, Inc. Director, Data Governance, Business Information in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Director, Data Governance, Business Information
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
A Director Data Governance, Business Information will be working under the direction of the GVP, Business Information (BI), responsible for establishing and managing governance over business data. Scope will be enterprise-wide and responsibilities include data quality, clarity, and consistency. Serve as the liaison to business units, as well as the internal BI team. Also, partner directly with IT in California to build relationships and work together to implement and maintain the data governance tools. In addition, create and sustain the data policies required to achieve the strategic objectives set for by the BI team. Highly visible role with the senior business executives and directly interfaces with the IT community as well. Retail experience is required.
- Establish and manage an enterprise-wide data governance roadmap based on the Business Information team's strategic focus areas
- Help to implement and rollout a data governance framework, inclusive of tools and processes based on a pragmatic, simplified approach
- Build and lead a team of data governance practitioners with an eye towards ease of use and being lightweight; the end goal is to provide greater clarity on data, with a single source of truth, without burdening the business functions
- Consult with senior business leadership to align our priorities with broader strategic initiatives
- Build trusting relationships with our business partners to allow us better visibility and more transparency in working with others towards unified data goals
- Leveraging knowledge of "the right data", assist in architecting business solutions, working closely with business and IT partners
Who you are ...
- You have your Bachelors degree in business administration or information systems, or a related discipline preferred
- You have at least 10 to 15 years of experience in Reporting, Merchandising, or Planning in Retail (either from IT or business working with IT on project delivery) with progressive responsibility and influence
- You've had broad systems knowledge of major retail applications, calculations/data, and reporting
- You have demonstrated experience in setting and influencing strategic retail business solutions
- You have demonstrated experience in establishing a new team, roles and responsibilities
- You have the ability to partner with delivery teams for business programs/projects
- You have strong analytical ability, business acumen, judgment and problem-solving skills
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to work effectively with VP and above executives
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- You have the ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones
- You are motivated by the desire to make a difference in the business, to work with a highly talented set of peers, and to work on interesting projects
- You have leadership skills; the ability to supervise and inspire team members
- You are ok with some (minimal) travel which may be required
- You may have experience with BI tools (Data Governance tools, MicroStrategy, Power BI)
- You may have prior consulting experience
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change