Ross Stores, Inc. Director, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in New York, New York
Director, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DE&I)
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at:https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ….
A Director, DE&I at Ross isresponsible for managing DE&I within the Buying Office, business units. The Director will lead the development of DE&I plans, processes and programs, ensuring DE&I goals are achieved within the Buying Offices. This position will work in collaboration with senior leaders, Talent Management professionals, HR Business Partners, and other Associates to ensure the successful implementation and execution of Company-wide and business unit Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Strategies.
- Provide a high level of DE&I and associate relations guidance and support to Buying Office senior leaders, Human Resources Business Partners, Recruiters and Talent Management Professionals.
- Oversee and ensure the successful design, implementation and management of business unit Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Strategies and Action Plans.
- Pro-actively identify potential DE&I challenges and partner with senior leaders as appropriate to design, execute and manage solutions.
- Partner with Human Resources professionals to design, develop and implement Business Unit specific, DE&I processes and initiatives including creation and execution of recruitment, retention and inclusion strategies, action plans, etc.
- Serve as DE&I training subject matter expert and partner with Talent Management to design, implement and facilitate trainings and presentations on unconscious bias, inclusive leadership, and other DE&I topics.
- Provide DE&I support and guidance to business unit DE&I Sponsors and DE&I Council members.
- Support and lead as necessary DE&I data reporting and analytics.
- Advise, lead and execute plans for celebrations and recognition for the Buying Offices.
- Identify, manage and effective coordinate DE&I external partnerships.
- Serve as a Buying Office DE&I Champion by modeling best practice behaviors.
Employee Resource Groups (called Community Network Groups (CNG) at Ross)
- Provide effective support, guidance, and oversight to Buying Office CNGs leaders, ensuring alignment and integration of CNG action plans, budgets and programming with business, DE&I vision, objectives and actions.
- Support CNG operation including CNG implementation, member on-boarding, training, events, and adherence to guidelines and templates; oversee strategy and work to ensure consistent execution across business units.
- Monitor CNG performance metrics and leverage data analytics to identify opportunities and provide recommendations to drive DE&I and business outcomes.
- Provide project management leadership and use tools/processes for pro-actively defining project objectives, key stakeholders, timelines and major milestones and tasks, as well as prioritization of project in relation to others.
- Lead DE&I research efforts to benchmark with external and internal stakeholders to understand inclusion, diversity, and organizational culture trends and best practices within the Buying Offices.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of process documentation.
- Proactively troubleshoot potential issues and recommends solutions for continuous improvement.
- Serve as a representative and/or lead on assigned project teams.
Consult with all levels of the organization to accurately gather and analyze data as it relates to DE&I and HR processes
Other duties as assigned
Who you are …
- You’ve held progressive roles in human resources and diversity, equality and inclusion for at least 7 years
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have successfully demonstrated strong influence and negotiation skills
- You have excellent command of contemporary diversity, equity, and, inclusion concepts and issues (e.g., recruitment and retention, access and equity, the educational impact of diversity, policy and legal dynamics of diversity, etc.).
- You have a successful record of leadership and experience in advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion within a complex organization
- You are proficient in MS Office 365 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
Perks and Benefits of joining our team ….
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd’s we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.