Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC Director (Experienced Manager), Global Transaction Tax (SALT) in New York, New York
**Director (Experienced Manager), Global Transaction Tax (SALT)**
****What do we do?****
A& M's Global Transaction Tax team is comprised of seasoned tax professionals experienced in providing practical tax advice to corporate and private equity buyers throughout the transaction lifecycle. By utilizing an integrated approach with A& M professionals with deep operating and financial-related experience, the team uses a focused and tailored approach to rapidly identify and understand potential deal breakers, value drivers and other areas of specific interest to our clients. Our Global Transaction Tax services include:
- Performing tax due diligence, including reviewing target's historic tax profile, planning, tax examinations, acquisitions/dispositions, and filing history to assess potential risks and opportunities
- Using the due diligence process to identify opportunities for further tax efficiencies
- Structuring transactions in a tax-efficient manner
- Reviewing and evaluating significant tax attributes, credits and incentives
- Reviewing and commenting on purchase agreements and disclosure schedules
- Evaluating potential acquisition structures
- Modeling transaction scenarios
- Identifying matters to be addressed post-closing, including integration related risks and opportunities
****How you'll contribute****
- Develop and deliver quality tax planning approaches by providing timely and responsive services and work product that meets and/or exceeds client expectations;
- Perform due diligence, including review of tax returns, financials, and other documentation to evaluate potential tax risks and opportunities;
- Review and comment on tax aspects of financial models, purchase agreements, and structuring calculations;
- Take ownership of assigned workstreams, including creating and preserving relevant diligence work products, ensuring supervisors can timely review and provide constructive feedback of deliverables, and otherwise proactively responding to changes in workflow;
- Coordinate with federal and international tax team members, as well as financial and operational due diligence team members, to timely deliver highest quality integrated work product;
- Begin developing and taking responsibility for managing client relationships by communicating and responding to client expectations, gathering data relevant to the engagement, and tailoring project deliverables accordingly.
****Who will you be working with?****
We are not a typical tax firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial, action oriented and results oriented tax professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients' problems and helping them reach their potential. We are nimble, resourceful, and proactive but adapt quickly when changes are needed. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on your achievements, not your tenure.
Our Global Transaction Tax professionals have significant experience on both the buy and sell side of transactions across all industries including healthcare, financial institutions, energy, environmental services, technology, and education.
****How will you grow and be supported?****
As a demonstration of A& M's strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional development. This includes an equity investment in a diversified financial services firm, the ability to invest in A& M private equity funds at beneficial terms, and a health and wellness program. Click to learn about our commitment to your well-being . A& M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you and your team will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Learn more about why A& M is a great place work.
- Demonstrated knowledge of income and/or non-income tax concepts, with the capability to perform research on and effectively apply income and non-income tax knowledge to client situations;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred;
- Advanced Degree / Certification required: CPA, MST, MAcc, JD or LLM;
- 5 years of tax State and Local Tax experience;
- Prior experience with Mergers and Acquisitions required;
- Strong writing, analytical, research and organizational skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong sense of personal motivation as well as the ability to work with a team;
- Ability to work in dynamic, time-sensitive environment
**Diversity & Inclusion**
A& M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A& M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A& M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
**Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters**
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity