Amazon Web Services Director Financial Services Marketing in New York, New York
Amazon Web Services is seeking a talented leader to drive marketing strategy, positioning, and global execution for the Financial Services Industry worldwide. In this position, you will build strategy for our targeted top accounts in Financial Services, as well as the go-to-market plan supporting the entire FSI industry, globally. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role developing an important market segment within an exciting, fast growing business.
This role will gather market and customer insights, collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Sales, Business Development, Partner, and others, and use these insights to develop and execute a marketing strategy for the industry. Partnering closely with sales and regional FSI leadership to define the marketing strategy and plan, you will have a strong focus on defining programs that facilitate FSI adoption of AWS services and opportunities to drive partnerships for key FSI partners. You will lead a world class team of global marketers and will be responsible for expanding the team globally as the business grows. You and your team will create and execute marketing programs and campaigns, to drive brand awareness and visibility, customer acquisition and adoption, and revenue for the business. The right candidate will have successful experience in results-driven marketing and partnering with sales teams to drive account growth and industry adoption of cloud for Financial Services customers. This leader will have a track record of hiring, developing, and retaining outstanding talent, and will continue to build the global marketing team supporting this important customer segment for AWS.
· Own the global, end-to-end marketing strategy for Financial Services customers for AWS; including field marketing, partner marketing, industry product marketing, and digital marketing
· Lead a seasoned team of content and messaging marketers and own the overall messaging strategy for FSI
· Hire, develop, and manage an experienced, inclusive, and diverse marketing team
· Work with the product marketing and service teams on any potential FSI specific launches and own global rollout though the field
· Represent and drive inclusion of key strategic industry customers in high-profile marketing opportunities
· Identify and set up mechanisms for gathering market and customer data and insights to inform business direction
· Partner with functional stakeholders to develop a differentiated Marketing strategy and plan for AWS Financial Services
· Build Account-Based Marketing programs for select top accounts
· Implement the plan leveraging shared services, virtual teams, and agencies as needed
· Lead FSI partner marketing, deeply integrating partners into marketing programs
· Drive customized, high value customer experiences focused on the customer needs and progression through the buyer’s journey
· Identify opportunities to leverage existing materials, campaigns and resources and drive inclusion and participation of accounts in programs led by other organizations
· Create world class branding and messaging to support all FSI campaigns, content, and marketing programs to support customer needs.
· Deliver detailed reporting and metrics on activity results, campaign effectiveness, and ROI. Use data to make real-time adjustments and proactively identify trends and opportunities.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Minimum 15+ years of experience in a high-tech B2B sales-facing marketing role such as field marketing, partner marketing, product marketing
· Minimum 15+ years work experience in or with the Financial Services industry
· Proven ability to analyze complex market and account dynamics and develop a marketing strategy
· Hands-on experience developing and implementing integrated marketing campaigns including live events, virtual events, industry and account specific content, branding, and customer acquisition and nurture programs
· Ability to work independently and autonomously
· Adept at presenting to very senior level customers (internal and external)
· Experience managing complex marketing teams that are geographically dispersed with managers of managers
· Willingness to travel up to 40% (post Covid)
· Bachelor’s degree
· Ability to thrive in an extremely fast-paced, demanding, and ambiguous environment
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Account-based marketing experience
· Partner marketing experience
· Content & messaging experience for a large FSI institution
· A career trajectory that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results
· Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs