Ross Stores, Inc. Director, Human Resources in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Director, Human Resources Business Partner
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
In our fast-paced environment, the Director, Human Resources will wear many hats: providing guidance, consulting & direction in multiple functional areas - employee relations, organization design, Talent Development, HR functional efficiencies. This individual will be responsible for partnering with our Merchant teams. He or she will partner with these businesses to determine their key needs and establish HR strategies & programs that will support our Corporate & HR initiatives while ensuring a productive, engaged growing workforce.
To be successful in this role, you will need to lead with a people-first approach; be passionate about Human Resources as a key function to business success & a demonstrated ability to translate strong business acumen to HR strategies and successful HR/people programs.
- Responsible for building relationships with the teams to implement strategies that meet the HR objectives
- Ability to influence and navigate across complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner
- Serve as primary contact for the merchant teams to assist Associates in resolving issues, navigating workplace dynamics and driving career growth
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback across all levels of the team
- Through partnership with the business, identify trends for HR/people-oriented programs needs & translate into comprehensive programs to positively impact change management
- Partner with HR leaders & HR team to proactively discuss opportunities to address workforce development programs that are supported by data (i.e., external market data, environmental scanning, HR Market developments)
- Collaborate with Recruitment partners to ensure talent needs are identified, priorities set and talent profiles aligned to business need & growth
- Identify, implement and maintain programs and practices that ensure a healthy, productive and growing culture
- Ability to drive progressive change management and process improvement
- Utilize current HR systems and reports to interpret and analyze data and to assist with planning and reporting
Who you are ...
- You are adaptable
- You are Collaborative
- You are a Team Player
- You have Integrity
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- You can Negotiate
- You have Leadership skills
- You can Communicate
- You are Results Driven
- Customer Service
- You can Influence
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a service industry with a preference for corporate retail experience.
- Previous management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster strong relationships with hiring managers at all levels.
- Superior communication skills; a compelling communicator able to engage the attention of busy, senior executives.
- Must be able to consistently ensure impeccable follow through and communication to the organization.
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change