Cornerstone Research, Inc. Director, Marketing Communications in New York, New York
DIRECTOR, MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS (HYBRID ALL U.S. LOCATIONS)
If you are a seasoned marketing professional with integrated marketing communications experience who loves to strategize and build relationships, lead a high-performance team, and contribute your design and editorial creativity to a variety of projects, then we would like to meet with you!
The Director, Marketing Communications has primary responsibility for finding new ways to market Cornerstone Research’s consultants, experts, capabilities, and brand. Your role is key in ensuring our internal and external communications are exceptional and you will work closely with our CMO and other officers of the firm. This position leads the firm’s
marketing communications, website and electronic marketing, social media, public relations, business development support, event communications, and corporate identity.
At Cornerstone Research, you will be part of a thriving, 700+ strong team that spans eight offices, comprises more than 40 nationalities, and leads the industry in its commitment to develop team members across all levels. Inc. Magazine has recognized Cornerstone Research three times as a Best Workplace for its outstanding employee engagement, collaborative culture, and professional growth opportunities. We are known for our excellent marketing and top notch client initiatives. And you will have a key role in this impressive organization.
You’ll Love It Here If You
• Embrace learning and continuous improvement
• Set and strive for a high bar of excellence
• Believe that teamwork leads to success: ask us what it means to be #onefirmfirm!
• Take pride in always doing your best work, even if it’s harder or takes longer
• Are passionate about what you do
How You’ll Help Our Team Succeed
• Oversee the firm’s marketing communications efforts to ensure consistent, high-quality communications to clients, recruits, experts, and internal teams.
• Embrace innovative tools, channels, and techniques that create high value for internal and external clients and differentiate the firm in the market.
• Partner closely with the Chief Marketing Officer to integrate marketing communications strategies and manage multi-channel campaigns across digital, public relations, print, web, and social media.
• Own the firm’s corporate identity standards and continuously evolve standards to maintain a modern and professional look and feel. Design and safeguard corporate identity including brand, logos, typeface, and imagery.
• Serve as art director for creative, design, production and project management of marketing communications including thought leadership, website, invitations, etc.
• Guide public relations efforts and work with key media contacts and our agencies of record in the United States and the UK.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
• Minimum of 15+ years of experience that demonstrates increasing capability and responsibility. Experience in a professional services environment is required.
• The desire to take initiative and actively contribute to the team and the firm.
• The ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Strong business acumen and the ability to learn the firm’s financial and operational functions.
• The mindset to provide superior service.
• Superior project management skills.
• Track record of digital marketing and the use of videos and podcasts for marketing.
• Creative eye and ability to art direct. Design and production skills are a plus.
• Experience with managing and developing a team.
• Skilled copy editor and proofreader. Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style and AP Stylebook.
• Skilled with MS Office and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field. An MBA is a plus.
Who We Are
Cornerstone Research provides economic and financial analysis and expert testimony in all phases of commercial litigation and regulatory proceedings.
We work with a broad network of testifying experts, including leaders from academia and industry, who are recognized for their depth of knowledge, accomplishments, and research. Our staff consultants contribute expertise in economics, finance, accounting, and marketing, as well as business acumen, familiarity with the litigation process, and a commitment to produce outstanding results.
The firm’s uniquely collegial and supportive atmosphere makes Cornerstone Research a great place to work. We invest in our people in a host of ways, from providing meaningful learning and development opportunities to organizing memorable social events. To many, our culture and our people are the most exciting and enriching aspects of a career at Cornerstone Research.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cornerstone Research is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.