Coach Inc Director Merchandising - Women's Footwear in New York, New York
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
The Director, Merchandising will be a key team member of the Coach Merchandising team, supporting the continued growth of Coach's business. The position will report to the Vice President of Merchandising.
THE SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL WILL LEVERAGE THEIR PROFICIENCY IN MERCHANDISING TO...
* Product and Business Strategy
* Lead and communicate 1941, Retail and Wholesale merchandising strategy for Women s Footwear, leveraging product opportunities and business initiatives across US and international channels
* Create relevant product assortments that drive business in determined distribution
* Actively partner with merchandising peer leading Men s Retail and Women s Outlet Footwear to ensure synergy across total Footwear strategy and product execution.
* Partner with design and Product Development through entire conceptual and commercialization process.
* Partner with Business Unit Merchants to understand, influence and drive business objectives/customer needs, and identify category/product opportunities.
* Develop and refine a framework for customer segmentation worldwide, and ensure product development needs across all segments.
* Maintain ownership of competitive landscape, identifying trends and staying on top of newness in market; utilize findings, to identify holes in the current business and opportunities for future growth.
* Assortment Planning
* Drive assortment style and flow needs
* Communicate changes and impacts cross-functionally.
* Ensure that corporate deadlines are met in order to deliver product on a timely basis.
* Support pilots and testing agendas
* Product Development
* Proactively anticipates and identifies challenges in the development process and effectively resoles issues through appropriate actions and communications.
* Partner with PD to maintain to ensure all costing objectives are met through proper engineering of product while maintaining product integrity.
* Clear understanding of development calendars and timelines
* Market Analysis & Reporting
* Analyze global sales, feedback, and historical data on weekly/monthly/seasonal basis to help better assort for future seasons. Provide global analysis that drives consensus and overall strategy.
* Identify product opportunities through regular hind-sighting that incorporates: consumer research, business unit feedback and sales performance analysis.
* Manage retail price setting, target costs and margin goals. Partner with Product Development on all costing objectives.
* Organization and Team
* Create strong organization of learning and development
* Establish relationships with Design, Global Merchandising Planning, and Product Development.
* Create partnerships with all cross-functional partners to execute seasonal assortments from concept to creation.
THE ACCOMPLISHED INDIVIDUAL WILL POSSESS...
* Excellent product sensibility and conceptual ability
* Comprehensive understanding of retail math
* Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
* Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability for business
* Strong sense of teamwork and ability to multi-task
* Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and develop a team
AN OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONAL WILL HAVE...
* Bachelor s degree required
* Minimum 8-10 years merchandising/buying experience in related business or brand with demonstrated product development experience, preferably in a vertical retail environment
* Minimum 3-4 years managerial experience
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Employer's Job# 564548700
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.