Progyny, Inc. Director, People in New York, New York
Thank you for considering Progyny!
The Director of People reports to the Vice President, People and will function as a senior human resources business partner, providing expertise and input on our people-centered policies, programs and processes. You will collaborate across the organization regarding employee engagement, performance management, leadership effectiveness and employee relations. The ideal candidate is a change management leader who understands the business, thrives in ambiguity and places a strong emphasis on people development.
- Maintain knowledge of People trends, industry best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply knowledge to recommend and implement continuously evolving policies and practices.
- Act as an active and visible business partner, providing counsel, advice and recommendations to managers and directors on People-related matters.
- Provide internal leadership and contribute to the strategic direction of the People team.
- Partner with HR leadership to design and implement holistic and ambitious people strategies that improve the employee experience and enhance the culture of the organization.
- Manage systems and processes related to organizational design, performance management, rewards and other talent management initiatives.
- Help facilitate the movement of internal talent in the organization through mentorship, mobility and other talent programs.
- Administer compliance programs related to safety and environment, SOX and federal contracting, to include policy development and training requirements.
- Drive the People agenda related to culture, communications, engagement and belonging.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- Strong acumen in HR information systems, including experience with custom reporting
- Demonstrated expertise with labor laws in a multi-state compliance environment
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate, and apply conflict resolution skills
- Proficient leadership and coaching skills
- Strong critical thinking, communication and presentations skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Broad knowledge of advanced HR concepts, either through Master's level classes, SHRM or HRCI Certification, or other HR certificate program
- Experience managing complex, people-centered projects
- Experience with Workday HRIS
- Knowledge of U.S. federal contractor requirements and Canadian labor laws
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage evolving priorities, multiple projects, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Progynyis a transformative fertility, family building and women's health benefits solution, trusted by the nation's leading employers, health plans and benefits purchasers. We envision a world where everyone can realize dreams of family and ideal health. Our outcomes prove that comprehensive, inclusive and intentionally designed solutions simultaneously benefit employers, patients and physicians.
Our benefits solution empowers patients with concierge support, coaching, education, and digital tools;provides access to a premier network of fertility and women's health specialists who use the latest science and technologies; drives optimal clinical outcomes; and reduces healthcare costs.
Our mission is toempower healthier, supported journeys through transformative fertility, family building and women's health benefits.
Headquartered in New York City, Progyny has been recognized for its leadership and growth. Come join a company that has been recognized by CNBC Disruptor 50, Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare, Forbes' Best Employers, Financial Times, INC. 5000, Inc Power Partners and Crain's Fast 50 for NYC.
Family friendly benefits: Paid family and parental leave-, fertility and family building benefits (including egg freezing, IVF, and adoption support), family care fund and Parents' Employee Resource Group
Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
Free in-person, virtual and text-based mental health and wellness support
Paid time off, including vacation, sick leave, personal days and summer flex time
401(k) plan with company match
Access to on-demand legal and financial advice
Company social events
Flex days (3 days a week in the office) and onsite meals and snacks for employees reporting into our NY office
In compliance with New York City's Wage Transparency Law, the annual salary [wage] range for NYC-based applicants is: $130,000 - $145,000. There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. Progyny offers a total compensation package comprised of base salary, cash bonus, and equity.
Progyny is proud to be anEqual Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives,skillsand experiences within our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, status as a protected veteran, criminal history consistent with legal requirements or any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation during the recruiting process, please send an e-mail to .
Minimum Salary: 31200.00 Maximum Salary: 31200.00 Salary Unit: Yearly