Ross Stores, Inc. Director, Planning Strategy in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue on our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Director, Planning Strategy
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity
A Director of Planning Strategy will lead Planning-related projects sponsored by the GEVP Planning under the direction of the SVP Planning Strategy & Operations and VP Planning Projects. This role provides needed project management capability/capacity to make near-term and on-going Planning improvements; will work closely with Business Process and Senior Planning and Merchant Leadership based on the project. Responsible for clearly defining project objectives, scope, plan and resources. Responsible for day-to-day management and successful execution of select Planning-related projects from assessment to design, testing, pilot, rollout and monitoring. Scope includes Ross and dd's. In addition, provide additional strategic oversight of Planning calendars/activities, Assortment Planning feedback/process and training.
- Collaborate with the GEVP, SVP and other functional heads to define vision, processes, implementation plans, etc. for key projects
- Define project charters and develop project plans
- Own project deliverables and communication
- Facilitate working sessions with senior planning, merchandising and cross-functional leads
- Partner with the Training team to develop training plans and materials
- Confirm what success looks like and develop feedback, governance and monitoring mechanisms for projects
- Measure/collect feedback and report outcomes/recommend adjustments and next steps
- Oversee Strategic Planning/Calendar Management to raise executive visibility to critical milestones and ensure they take place as designed, advising/troubleshooting with the Calendar Manager as necessary
- Help manage change by bringing partners into the conversations early and often to create buy in
Who you are
- You've had 3-5 years of Management Consulting/Project Planning and Management Experience
- You've had 3-5 years of Planning Experience and/or relevant Retail Industry Experience
- You have Excellent organization skills; can manage multiple projects at once and keep focus
- You are Comfortable with Ambiguity-Collecting input and charting a course
- You are Detail Oriented; Strategic Thinking and Mechanical Reasoning Skills--Sees the Domino and Spider Web Impacts
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; effective listening and meeting facilitation skills
Perks and Benefits of joining our team
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
- eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.