Authentic Brands Group Director, Public Relations International in New York, New York
Who We Are
Authentic Brands Group (ABG) is a brand development, marketing and entertainment company, which owns a portfolio of global media, entertainment and lifestyle brands. ABG elevates and builds the long-term value of more than 30 consumer brands and properties by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. We are committed to transforming brands by delivering compelling product, content, business and immersive experiences. We create and activate original marketing strategies to drive the success of our brands across all consumer touchpoints, platforms and emerging media.
You’ll be able to access the resources and scale, while leveraging innovative technology and nimble environment. What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to drive ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat. Our team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future of our brands. With the help of some of the brightest minds in retail, marketing, licensing, legal and more, we are building the intersection of digital and experiential marketing to help achieve that mission. We reimagine, evolve and transform brands!
What You’ll Do
The Director, Public Relations International will provide critical support for ABG and the Lifestyle portfolio in more than 30 markets outside of the U.S. and Canada. The Director, Public Relations International will partner with the International Lifestyle Marketing Team to support the development and rollout of International Marketing Playbooks for in-region ABG teams and partners around the world. Through essential relationship building with in-market teams, partners, media and influencers, the Director, Public Relations International will drive amplification of corporate and brand press opportunities and provide direction on innovative tactics to drive media impressions, brand relevancy and growth. This position will also have a deep focus on building ABG's corporate profile in key regions via media stories, thought leadership and speaking engagements.
What you’ll be working on:
Brand PR & Communications:
· Lead the development and execution of integrated PR and communication strategies for the ABG brands in the LATAM, EMEA & APAC regions
· Collaborate with the International Marketing team to support the rollout of International Marketing Playbooks for in-region ABG teams and partners around the world
· Cultivate close working relationships with in-market team members, partners, journalists and influencers, to drive brand press and earned media in key regions
· Drive the development and amplification of local brand stories in partnership with in-market teams to increase brand awareness and engagement for critical partnerships and collaborations
· Identify and procure opportunities for larger brand and business storytelling in target media outlets that generate interest from potential
· Maintain the global brand integrity by providing comms support via core and seasonal messaging and assets to help international partners successfully drive press for the brands around the world
· Create quarterly hind sighting for contribution to future strategic initiatives
· Act as an international source for the ABG Newsletter, ensuring that regional brand activities are consistently captured in the weekly communication, which is disseminated to internal groups, external partners and ABG’s global network
ABG Corporate PR & Communications:
· Collaborate with the VP of PR & Communications to build and manage ABG’s corporate profile in the LATAM, EMEA & APAC regions
· Generate awareness around ABG and its position as a global brand development, marketing, entertainment, and media powerhouse
· Secure impactful media stories about ABG’s business model, strategies, and tactics to attract new partners across key categories, territories, retail, content and media
· Cultivate relationships with target journalists that cover ABG’s key areas of focus, including but not limited to retail, licensing, fashion, entertainment, home, consumer products, marketing, events and more
· Enhance ABG’s share of voice via thought leadership opportunities and speaking engagements for top level executives, regional leaders, and in-market experts
· Create an international PR & Communications roadmap featuring short and long-term awareness-building opportunities for ABG at the corporate level
· Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent work experience.
· 5-8 years of experience in PR and communications with an international focus – experience working with celebrities and talent is a PLUS
· A proactive storyteller with a global mindset
· Firm working knowledge of international PR strategy and media relations
· Excellent communication skills, both writing and speaking, and experience influencing stakeholders and partners
· Strong editorial relationships across business, fashion, entertainment, and lifestyle with a desire to grow your network globally
· Thorough knowledge of the media landscape and timely news cycles across print, digital, broadcast, and social
· Capacity to build productive internal and external working relationships
· Enthusiasm for fashion, retail, licensing, entertainment, and pop culture
· Strong self-organization and time management skills while demonstrating pro-active initiative
· Solution and results oriented
· Be flexible to the needs of an international business and be available outside of regular working hours
Authentic Brands group is an equal opportunity employer and we value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, national origin, disability, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities or religious obligations who would like to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.