Visa Usa Inc Director, VCA Managed Services - Operations in New York, New York
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world - helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA)is the externally-facing strategy consulting group of Visa. We draw on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, and pragmatic industry experience to develop fact-based recommendations to improve client performance. Our clients span the continuum of companies that participate in the payment card industry, to include financial institutions, merchants, fintechs, acquirers, and payment processors. VCA Managed Services is a suite of service offerings that together help drive the future growth of the VCA organization, enabling our clients to implement the recommendations derived through strategic advisory engagements.
As the Client Consulting Director, VCA Managed Services - Operations, you will be the General Manager responsible for growing a critical managed services pillar. This pillar provides services that enable Visa clients to plan, manage, and execute strategic business processes and programs more effectively. Representative engagements could include providing a leading banking client with highly specialized teams to carry out a large, multi-year migration of commercial card clients from one platform to another, and managing a merchant loyalty platform on behalf of a global co-brand card issuing bank.
The Operations pillar is the largest of the various VCA Managed Services offerings. As such this role offers the right General Manager a unique opportunity to take the reins of a strategic, growing, and multi-faceted book of business.
You will be ultimately responsible for achieving quarterly and annual revenue targets. You will ideate, develop, price, sell, and oversee the delivery of services that improve client operational and business process performance. You are "a natural" in front of clients, including SVP+ leadership stakeholders, and can use that skill set to tailor new and existing services to meet their needs. You are excited by the prospect of measuring your success through attainment of revenue growth targets.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned consultant, entrepreneur, and general manager who can partner across Visa client types. The role will identify common client needs, develop offerings that leverage Visa's extensive capabilities, subject matter expertise, and third-party partners, price the solution appropriately, pitch the client, close the sale, and oversee delivery. The role will collaborate with a host of internal and external partners to develop, sell, and deliver solutions. This person will articulate the value proposition to clients, customize the offerings as needed to address client feedback, and ultimately close the sale. The team member will be able to flex across various client stakeholders, to include those in digital, data sciences, marketing, CRM, payments, and fraud/risk.
For clarity, this leader will not be involved in the day-to-day execution of client business processes. Rather, this leader will engage at more of an executive steering committee level to ensure that delivery teams are scoped appropriately and are delivering against client goals and objectives, making any necessary course corrections.
- Uncover client needs, challenges, and opportunities with respect to managed services
- Present solutions to clients that address their needs
- Quantify the value and differentiation of the solution for clients
- Identify the client decision-making stakeholders and processes
- Identify white space challenges and opportunities across client sets
- Develop bespoke and scalable products leveraging Visa assets and, as needed, third-party partner assets
- Identify third-party partners who can complement and supplement solution sets
- Define the value proposition and develop sales collateral, including sales presentations and "tear sheets"
- Develop product pricing strategy, ensure product profitability
- Strong project/program management skills
- Demonstrated experience delivering flawlessly
- Strong executive presence
- Speak to technical and non-technical aspects of solutions
- Be comfortable working across the spectrum of Visa clients, from institutional banking relationships to fintech startups
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive environment for Visa solutions
- Leverage that understanding to shape solutions that differentiate Visa
- Demonstrate executive presence in leading conversations with clients
- Communicate across functional stakeholders (for varying levels and technical expertise)
- Incentivize cross-functional teamwork by aligning cross-functional incentives
- Possess strong diplomacy skills and fosters goodwill between different groups
- Coach teams
- Demonstrate ability to structure a team and lead high-performers to even higher performance levels
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
Local Law 144 Notice for New York City Resident Applicants:For some requisitions, automated employment decision tools ('AEDTs') may be used as part of the assessment process to assist our recruiters in the initial evaluation of your application. If your application is submitted pursuant to New York City Local Law 144, you may request analternative assessment from the recruiter. Please visit the Visa Global Privacy Notice to learn how we may collect, process, or retain your professional and employment information for recruiting purposes.Qualifications
* 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
* 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
* Master's degree in Business
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
* 10+ years consulting and consulting sales experience with a top-tier consulting firm
* Experience managing and/or optimizing complex business processes
* Demonstrated ability to sell solutions
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to measure the financial impact to a client
* Entrepreneurial mindset energized by the possibility of building a new business
* Knowledge of the competitive environment across segments
* Collaborative approach with internal and external partners
* Resilient in navigating through ambiguity and translating the theoretical to applicable
* Growth mindset that embraces creativity, optimism, and failing-fast
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 169,200.00 to 220,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Visa is an Equal Opportunity Employer