Nature America, Inc Editorial Assistant, Journals in New York, New York
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: [group.springernature.com](https:%20//group.springernature.com/gp/group) and follow [@SpringerNature](https:%20//twitter.com/SpringerNature)
The Springer Nature Journals group aims to support researchers in communicating and advancing discovery for a better world. We do this by providing a trusted environment in which researchers can quickly, easily and transparently share their discoveries, data and research stories. The Editorial Assistant, Materials Science and Engineering Journals is responsible for supporting the growth, development and editorial management of a portfolio of proprietary and society journals with the aim of becoming market leader within the discipline. TheEditorial Assistantoperates under the daily mentorship of the Executive Editor.
The Editorial Assistant provides administrative and project management support for a portfolio of journals in Materials Science and Engineering based in New York, London, and other global offices and plays a key role in delivering best-in-class service to Editors-in-Chief, Editorial Board Members, society representatives, authors, and peer reviewers.Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand and contribute to meeting the annual targets for journal submission, publication, and transfer volumes, as well as turnaround times
- Serve as a vital information resource for Editors-in-Chief, Editorial Board members, and society partners
- Respond to queries from authors, reviewers, and other contributors
- Support and help to monitor submission systems, article flow, and special issues
- Participate in rollout and management of policies and protocols (e.g., plagiarism detection, data management)
- Assist and advise on processing of rights and permissions requests
- Coordinate metrics assist in reporting key performance indicators, such as article output, usage, citations, and media coverage
- Assist in preparation for Editorial Board meetings and conferences
- Contribute to social media initiatives and support a variety of marketing initiatives and activities
- Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, production, JEO, Finance, Customer Service, and other departments to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Manage and monitor invoices and payment requests
- Ad hoc journal and team administration
- Input and maintain relevant data to systems, such as JFlow, Core Media, etc.
- Liaise with Editorial Assistants across publishing divisions and units to share best practices and propose improvements to workflows, operations, and communications
- Contribute to the wider Springer Nature Journals group by taking part in cross-departmental projects and initiatives, with respect to publication ethics, data transparency, Open Access policy, and other industry developments
**EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, and QUALIFICATIONS:**
- Educated to degree or level or equivalent
- Previous experience within academic publishing desirable
- Have excellent verbal and written English communication skills and be numerate and IT systems-literate, with a sharp eye for detail
- Be able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and be able to work on your own initiative
- Be resourceful and proactive in dealing with problems, queries, and opportunities
- Have excellent team-working skills to deal with people within the company and externally at all levels
- Have excellent networking, acquiring, and presentation skills
- Be a diplomatic and assertive individual who is able to work with demanding stakeholders
- Be flexible, proactive, and able to work in a multi-cultural environment and show a commercial/entrepreneurial spirit
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD& D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature isan Equal Opportunity Employer that complieswith the laws and regulations set forth in the following Equal Employment Opportunity IsThe Law poster: [http: //www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf](http:%20//www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf).
Visitthe Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at[www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs](http:%20//www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs "http: //www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs")for more information about ourResearch E& P career opportunities.
*At Springer Nature we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.*
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity