Progyny, Inc. Events Associate in New York, New York
Thank you for considering Progyny!
The Events Associate works under the guidance of the Corporate Events Manager to plan and execute events that support and engage the Progyny community and business partners. You will collaborate across all levels of the organization, analyzing events details, providing options and solutions to best fit the needs of your constituents. The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented and creative with prior event planning experience.
What you'll do...
- Research venues and vendors for future events, offsites and conferences; conduct site visits as needed.
- Maintain inventory of vendors, venues and industry contacts.
- Assist in the selection of venues and vendors and facilitate the receipt, review and execution of related contracts.
- Plan and execute events, offsites and conferences, both in person and virtual
- Prepare event budgets; track expected and actual expenses against event budgets to ensure expenditures are within each event budget.
- Collect and process invoices and work with Accounting to issue vendor payments.
- Prepare budget reports for finance.
- Participate in event reviews with team leads.
- Ensure event attendees receive necessary information, including prep materials, in advance of event, along with supporting post-event materials and needs.
- Develop event documentation including event plans and run-of-shows for large company-wide events.
- Act as liaison between Progyny staff and venue staff; respond to and assist with any issues that arise from event attendees.
- Communicate directly with venue contacts to confirm room setups and AV requirements.
- Coordinate data collection and reports related to each event (e.g., surveys, number of attendees, budget actuals, etc.)
- Maintain annual event calendar and intranet site.
- Monitor events@progyny inbox and provide timely responses to all inquiries.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in event planning or hospitality
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Broad knowledge of NY venues, restaurants, and event vendors experience or college-level coursework
- Project management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work effectively with tight deadlines and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills, with the ability to communicate confidently across teams and levels of the organization Ability to effectively manage evolving priorities, multiple projects, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Progynyis a transformative fertility, family building and women's health benefits solution, trusted by the nation's leading employers, health plans and benefits purchasers. We envision a world where everyone can realize dreams of family and ideal health. Our outcomes prove that comprehensive, inclusive and intentionally designed solutions simultaneously benefit employers, patients and physicians.
Our benefits solution empowers patients with concierge support, coaching, education, and digital tools;provides access to a premier network of fertility and women's health specialists who use the latest science and technologies; drives optimal clinical outcomes; and reduces healthcare costs.
Our mission is toempower healthier, supported journeys through transformative fertility, family building and women's health benefits.
Headquartered in New York City, Progyny has been recognized for its leadership and growth. Come join a company that has been recognized by CNBC Disruptor 50, Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare, Forbes' Best Employers, Financial Times, INC. 5000, Inc Power Partners and Crain's Fast 50 for NYC.
- Family friendly benefits: Paid family and parental leave-, fertility and family building benefits (including egg freezing, IVF, and adoption support), family care fund and Parents' Employee Resource Group
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Free in-person, virtual and text-based mental health and wellness support
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick leave, personal days and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Bonus program
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Access to on-demand legal and financial advice
- Company social events
- Flex days (3 days a week in the office) and onsite meals and snacks for employees reporting into our NY office
In compliance with New York City's Wage Transparency Law, the annual salary [wage] range for NYC-based applicants is: $70,000 - $80,000. There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. Progyny offers a total compensation package comprised of base salary, cash bonus, and equity.
Progyny is proud to be anEqual Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives,skillsand experiences within our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, status as a protected veteran, criminal history consistent with legal requirements or any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation during the recruiting process, please send an e-mail to .
Minimum Salary: 31200.00 Maximum Salary: 31200.00 Salary Unit: Yearly