Ross Stores, Inc. Excel Developer in New York, New York
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at:https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity….
The Excel Developeris responsible for creating and managing Excel tools to support the Planning and Merchant Organization.The candidate will be a technically strong and disciplined Excel Macros/Visual Basic Application (VBA) developer with a proven ability to deliver quality solutions. The candidate will be required to develop robust and maintainable applications to automate tasks and reporting.
- Create and maintain existing Microsoft Excel Applications including VBA
- Interact directly with users of varying technical skill levels to capture requirements, plan and execute development, and provide ongoing support
- Create concise documentation both as comments within code as well as within a separate development log
- Ensure smooth delivery and support of new tools delivered
- Keep up to date documentation for all new and updated user tools
- Maintain technical documentation and ensure that knowledge is shared with other members of the team
- Strong collaboration with cross functional teams and other Excel Developers to deliver solutions
Who you are…
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree
- You have 4-5 years of retail experience
- You’re highly proficient in Excel and VBA
- You are detail-oriented and able to maintain high levels of coding quality when working on a tight deadline
- You have highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- You are an innovative thinker with good problem-solving and decision-making abilities and attention to detail
- You are self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a small development team, prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines
You have strong retail math, analytical and conceptual skills
You are experienced with planning systems, JDA Enterprise and Arthur Planning specifically desirable
- You have JDA EP Script coding experience (desirable)
Perks and Benefits of joining our team….
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd’s we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.