Services for the UnderServed, Inc (SUS) Executive Assistant to the CEO in New York, New York
TITLE: Executive Assistant to the CEO
DIVISION/DEPT.: Support Services/Office of the President
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Executive Assistant to work closely with our President/CEO. The Executive Assistant will perform both administrative and office support functions to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the executive suite. Key functions of this role involve; professional implementation of administrative functions; convene and participate in selected internal/external meetings and record meeting minutes; prepare effective communication for distribution as well as provide other general support to the President/CEO. The selected candidate will be expected to develop solid interpersonal relationships both internally and externally, demonstrate a strong understanding of the organization’s mission and core values, display a high level of emotional intelligence, and add value to the work shared among the Support Services staff and Executive Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the office including answering telephone enquiries, attending to visitors and assisting other staff in the organization with their enquiries.
· Receive and triage communications to the CEO including telephone calls
· Use independent judgment to determine issues requiring priority attention and advanced planning as needed.
· Track CEO’s internal and external correspondence, including those of a time sensitive nature, related to critical issues, from receipt through conclusion.
· Maintain and manage heavy Outlook scheduling of CEO’s appointment schedules and calendar.
· Take notes/minutes of key meetings as required.
· Assist the CEO and other members of the Executive Management team to ensure that the needs of the agency's external constituents are appropriately addressed — including meeting coordination and correspondence with regulatory and funding bodies and follow up with the relevant parties.
· Maintain accurate and up to date e-mail contact list on behalf of CEO.
· Process payment of invoices and manage all necessary accounts of CEO.
· Manage monthly credit card receipts and reconcile monthly credit card expense report for CEO.
· Sign off on and manage executives’ timesheets on behalf of CEO by approving and tracking vacation requests.
· Assist in preparation of agenda and/or minutes if requested.
· Develop and recommend office procedures and systems to help ensure smooth office operations.
· Work with Executive Assistant to the Chief of Staff in supporting intra-agency event planning and coordination.
· Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations.
· Prepare formal letters and enclosures for distribution to multiple government agencies.
· Assemble reports and distribute accordingly via digital or hard copy mode.
· Receive internal metric reporting from Program Directors, Regional Directors and VPs.
· Assemble reports in a cohesive and organized manner.
· Scan documents for digital archiving.
· Make travel and guest arrangements as needed for training or conference attendance.
· Provide quality customer service.
Executive Files Management
· Receive and distribute incoming mail; review and evaluate mail to identify those items requiring priority attention of the CEO. Distribute accordingly among Executive Management team if needed.
· Maintain subscriptions and memberships on behalf of CEO and Executive Management Team.
· Establish and maintain shared drive for executive management meetings (minutes, organizational charts, financial reports, etc.)
· Develop a system to manage and maintain corporate files to ensure accessibility and accuracy of record-keeping.
Support to the Board
· Provide support to the Board of Directors in their governance role.
· Maintain board website, resolutions, minutes, board packet files.
· Schedule and organize all board and committee meetings/calls including the annual board retreat.
· Develop an annual board and committee meeting schedule.
· Coordinate all affiliate board correspondences and development of board materials in coordination with the Chief Operating Officers.
Other duties as assigned
KEY PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
•Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and team members, appreciating their social, cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds and their age, gender and abilities.
•Integrity: Uphold personal and professional ethics and values, considering the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals we serve
•Relationships: Ability to develop long-standing relationship with the board, staff, individuals and families served as well external stakeholders.
•Critical Evaluation: Ability to generate ideas for service improvement for discussion within multidisciplinary teams and with individuals and their supports.
•Teamwork: Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and contribute to the leadership that creates a fun work environment where the multidisciplinary team supports one another.
•Trust: Behaves and expresses oneself in an open and honest manner. Is consistent in word and actions. Tells the truth even when it is difficult. Shares information accurately, completely and appropriately. Follows through on assignments and commitments. Supports S:US goals and initiatives. Adheres to all policies and procedures. Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
•Self-Motivated: Ability to demonstrate initiative and endeavor to maintain a stable level of productivity.
•Juggling: Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
•Nimbleness: Ability to prioritize and organize workflow to ensure effectiveness and efficiency; manage tight deadlines; provide quick turnaround of unanticipated requests.
•Ambition: The mindset to sharpen professional skills in order to continuously be in the know and understand the everchanging needs of a C-Suite team.
•Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrated capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
Effective August 30, 2021, unless granted a reasonable accommodation for disability, all new hires must show proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. If hired for one of our city sponsored programs, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as an executive assistant to the C-Suite
· Solid organizational skills, good knowledge and speed in using word and excel.
· Good communication skills and a high energy level to complete assigned work.
· Able to perform assigned tasks methodically, accurately and neatly.
· Familiarity with use of standard office equipment.
· Computer literacy with advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat Standard.
Join a team of employees who cares about the wellbeing of others. We believe in fostering a culture built on our core values: respect, integrity, support, maximizing individual potential and continuous quality improvement.
S:US is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. S:US is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities, including allowance of the use of services animals. To request reasonable accommodation or if you believe such a request was improperly handled or denied, contact the Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
External Company Name: Services For The Underserved, Inc.
External Company URL: http://sus.org/