Ross Stores, Inc. Executive Assistant in New York, New York
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2015 revenues of $11.9 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with over 1,270 locations in over 34 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 170 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 15 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
Provides general administrative support to Senior Vice President, Group Vice President and/ or Vice President. Ensure all day-to-day activities are resolved by maintaining ongoing communication, organizing all routine departmental activities and handling special projects as needed.
- Perform administrative general office duties of a responsible and confidential nature, executing, with minimal direction, secretarial support at the highest level. Maintain a variety of complex records and files. Material is of a highly confidential nature. Processes invoices from outside vendors. Coordinate use of major conference room and maintenance of equipment.
- Act as liaison between department managers and their staff in matters involving the SVP, GVP and/ or VP including meetings, documentation, and activities requiring authorized action.
- Take appropriate authorized action in the absence of the SVP, GVP and/ or VP to ensure that matters requiring attention are referred to and handled in a manner to minimize the effect of the absence. Handle projects as assigned, work independently with minimal supervision.
- Independently create presentation decks; and compose memos, letters and other correspondence, as needed, for SVP, GVP and/ or VP review and signature, prior to issuance to Senior Management.
- Coordinate travel, including ground transportation, hotel accommodations, itinerary planning, meeting coordination, and ensure office requirements and facilities at destination are arranged, if required.
- Manage SVP's, GVP's and/ or VP's calendar working closely with other executive level admins to ensure efficient flow of information.
- Receive and screen communications to the SVP, GVP and/ or VP including telephone calls and e-mail messages, recorded messages and/or provide assistance using independent judgment to determine which ones require priority attention. Channel and facilitate communication from customers and associates and redirect callers to appropriate department/field representative for resolution/assistance.
- Coordinates and resolves facility issues as necessary.
- Planning and Organizing
- Analysis and Judgment
- Credibility and Trust
- Results Orientation
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 2- 4 years' experience providing administrative and logistical support to an executive
- College degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including advanced level of proofreading, editing and grammar skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Ability to type 60 words per minute accurately
- Advanced skills in word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and other software, Microsoft Office, i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks, with frequent interruptions, without direction
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a key team member with a diverse group of professional staff
- Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.