Discovery Communications Executive Producer in New York, New York
US-NY-New York City
Job ID: 25526
Type: Company Employee Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Direct to Consumer
US-NY-New York City
About the Company:
Discovery Golf is the global streaming and golf media powerhouse that engages and inspires millions of passionate golf fans around the world. Through a 12-year partnership with the PGA TOUR, we’ve created GOLFTV, the new digital home of golf for the global fan community. At the heart of GOLFTV is a live and on-demand video streaming service, showing every moment of the PGA TOUR, European Tour and Ladies European Tour, featuring the world’s greatest players, to a global audience every week. Established with innovation at its core, GOLFTV brings new drive, creativity and immersive technology to the world of golf. It aspires to offer fans a new way to consume, watch, play and engage with the game every day. GOLFTV is part of Discovery, a global leader in real-life entertainment with an extensive portfolio of direct-to-consumer platforms.
Most recently, Discovery Golf acquired Golf Digest, the preeminent authority for golf enthusiasts, professional players and global advertisers. As the No. 1 most widely read golf publication in the world and lead digital golf media platform in America, Golf Digest is the authority on how to play, what to play and where to play. Golf Digest’s aim is to enhance the enjoyment of all facets of the game - making its audience better players, smarter consumers and more discerning travelers, while also offering the kind of informative and provocative stories that fuel the unending conversation that is golf.
Brought together, these two golf properties (GOLF.TV and GOLFDIGEST.com) form the largest digital golf platform in the world.
About the Role:
The Executive Producer for Discovery Golf will report to the VP of Video Content for Discovery Golf and lead GOLFTV’s VOD production on and off the professional golf tours. The EP is responsible for the development of programming and the supervision of that programming through delivery and broadcast. He/she must successfully collaborate with production partners to provide editorial guidance that enables producers to create compelling visual content with powerful storytelling, resulting in entertaining programs that meet/exceed viewership goals. The person in this role will also be heavily involved in the ideation and production of branded VOD content for commercial Discovery Golf partners across both GOFTV and GolfDigest.com.
1. Manage the execution of season-long plans for on-tour VOD productions that complement Discovery Golf’s PGA TOUR and European Tour live-streaming output on O&O and in social media.
2. Work closely with PGA TOUR Entertainment’s production team to align on planning and execution of content initiatives across platforms.
3. Oversee the weekly planning and production of original VOD content, on and off tour, through Discovery Golf’s global partnership with IMG/Golfing World, including GOLFTV-exclusive player content.
4. Collaborate with Discovery Golf’s and the PGA TOUR’s ad-sales organizations to conceptualize, pitch and produce branded-content programming that supports advertising partners globally and domestically.
5. Work closely with Discovery Golf’s audience development teams to constantly refine GOLFTV’s daily/weekly/monthly video-programming calendar based on content-performance data.
6. Ideate, pitch and produce other premium, entertaining and engaging VOD golf programming that exceeds viewership targets and helps build on GOLFTV’s profile as the game’s premiere provider of unique player content.
7. Serve as lead GOLFTV producer for all live original Discovery productions and tentpole events (such as The Challenge).
8. Implement GOLFTV's programming strategy and quality standards during every phase of production: pre-production, casting, scripting, rough cuts, fine cuts and final delivery.
9. Manage and report monthly on season-long VOD production budgets.
* Minimum 10 years’ management experience at a senior-producer level or higher
* Minimum three (3) years’ experience producing direct-to-consumer digital content
* Minimum three (3) years’ experience producing branded content for advertising partners
* Strong familiarity with professional golf, its players and global tours
* A proven track record of producing unique and entertaining original programming
* Strong team leadership and cross-departmental collaborative skills
* Must be detail-oriented and able to work under pressure to meet multiple weekly deadlines
* Experience fostering a culture of creative output and developing hosts and producer talent
* Sound journalistic judgment, strong writing skills and enthusiasm for working on a fast-paced international team
* Executive-level presentation and communication skills
* Role is based out of GOLFTV’s NYC headquarters
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York, NY, NYC, New York City
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law - https://discovery.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=581131&hashed=1619517695
Pay Transparency Policy Statement - https://discovery.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=588767&hashed=2014725565
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.