Vaco LLC Executive Recruiter - Finance and Accounting in New York, New York
Welcome to Vaco - an uncommon company with an empowered culture. At Vaco, we welcome talented innovators seeking a collaborative environment where creative freedom rings.
Since 2002, we have expanded to more than 40 locations, and we have no plans of slowing down anytime soon. We are seeking big thinkers to lead us into the future and explore the career of a lifetime.
• Ranked the \#1 Best Staffing Firm to Work for in North America by Staffing Industry Analysts (Category: 500+ Employees)
• An Inc. 5000 fastest growing private company in America every year since 2007!
**A Day in the Life**
Your CFO client just called. Her accounting department could really use help prepping for an upcoming audit. Or maybe she needs a seasoned project manager to lead a merger integration.
As Business Development Manager, you are a core revenue driver, promoting Vaco to area businesses for critical projects in audit, tax, finance, accounting, and more.
**Duties and Responsibilities**
- Grow and develop strong relationships with clients and senior accounting & financial leaders.
- Work with an elite recruitment team to fulfill special projects and interim positions in audit, financial reporting, FP&A, M&A, taxation, software implementations, and more.
- Keep a regular pulse on the market as it relates to businesses and hiring trends. (e.g., Expansions, mergers/acquisitions, dissolutions, relocations, new businesses entering the market, etc....)
- Establish and conduct client visits according to activity goals.
- Actively develop and maintain a target account list.
- Manage open client opportunities from intake to fulfillment.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
**'Best Place to Work' Perks**
- True base salary and uncapped compensation package that surpasses industry standards.
- Annual, FIVE STAR **vacations** (we call it "Vatopia") for meeting top tier performance goals.
- Annual **world** **class training** where all Vacotians, as we like to call them, get together to meet, learn, and exchange ideas.
- **Generous PTO that increases with tenure.**
- Technology packages that include smart phone coverage, up-to-date equipment, and top tier online resources.
- **Comprehensive** benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, pet insurance, life insurance, disability and more!
Duties and responsibilities are to be performed while observing the following Core Tenets:
- A Team First Approach, aligning with the core tenets: Proud to Wear Jersey, Stay Team Focused, and Assume Positive Intent
- Self-Awareness, aligning with the core tenets Outlaws Welcome, Stay Coachable and Be Comfortable with Healthy Conflict
- Solutions Oriented, aligning with the core tenets Be Entrepreneurial, Be Electable, Fix the Problem Not the Blame
- Grit, aligning with the core tenets Work Hard, Stay Free and Play 'til the Whistle.
**Desired Competencies and Skills:**
- Ensures Accountability: holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Attracts Top Talent: attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Manages Conflict: handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Customer Focus: building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Instills Trust -gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results: consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Being Resilient: rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Action Oriented: taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates Effectively: developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Decision Quality: making sound and timely decisions that keep the team moving forward.
- Drives Engagement: creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
**Qualifications:** To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required. CPA, CFA, MBA or other professional designation highly desired.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years' selling accounting/financial project solutions or comparable client relations experience in audit, tax, and/or public accounting.
- Proven success achieving and/or exceeding performance goals.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience with Bullhorn preferred.
- Able to work with a sense of urgency and meet tight deadlines; Organized, detailed, and results driven.
< 10% -Occasional travel to annual conference or client sites
California residents may also access Vaco's HR Notice at Collection for California Applicants and Employees.
Vaco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race (including but not limited to traits historically associated with race such as hair texture and hair style), color, sex (includes pregnancy or related conditions), religion or creed, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, status as a veteran, union membership, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristics as required by federal, state or local law.