Custom Protective Services Experienced Handyman in New York, New York
Safety Clean LLC seeks non-union Luxury Residential & Commercial Building Handyman for Prime NYC Location with at least 3 years of experience performing all handyman/engineer skills such as, but not limited to:
Shift Time: Mon – Fri 7:00AM –4:00PM
• Plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, lighting, carpentry, drywall, plastering, painting, door/lock repair, etc.
• Knowledge of building systems including, boiler & HVAC systems, electrical & plumbing systems, fire protection systems, security/access systems, elevators, BMS, etc.
A successful candidate should be a team player, career oriented, reliable & accountable with a willingness to learn. Proactive & responsible with the ability to inspect the property and recognize & address issues before they arise while conducting themselves in a professional manner at all times.
• Should currently hold or must be able to obtain, S-12 (sprinkler), S-13 (standpipe), P-99 (low-pressure oil burner operator), and F-89 FLSD (fire life safety director) FDNY certificates such as S-95.
• Ability to adapt and perform in a fast paced environment, quickly and thoroughly become familiar with the property, procedures/protocols & building systems.
• Assist with supervising contractors/vendors, tenant issues & all other building related issues while performing all assigned tasks.
• Must be able to work independently & with others under minimal supervision & directly with supervisors.
• Enforce and uphold all building protocols, rules, and regulations & perform all duties in a professional workmanlike manner.
• Available to respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
• Flexibility a must for evenings, weekends, holidays, unscheduled shifts, and special assignments.
Ability to coordinate work efficiently and optimize the performance of others
Projects a positive appearance and attitude at all times. Demonstrates exemplary tenant relations, team spirit and respect of others.
Computer skills necessary to operate and diagnose problems
Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of equipment being serviced and employs service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follows inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventive maintenance and loss control programs.
Possesses knowledge of a safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hands tools
Responsible for keeping the shop, equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe, painting as needed of shops, equipment, mechanical rooms.
Follows operational and safety procedures
Inspect all areas of the buildings and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement
Monitor contractors, inspects work and generates deficiency lists
Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs
Assist Superintendent with all PM’s are completed and documented, if a PM was missed an explanation within the log book is required and notification to the Property Manager or the designated personnel.
Ability to perform necessary electrical repairs, including lighting, plumbing etc when needed.
Meet with contractors as necessary for various projects, follow through with projects and complete in a timely fashion or as indicated by the client when needed and report to Superintendent and Management.
Assist Superindenant in maintaining onsite records of deliveries, accidents, visitors, unforeseen conditions, delays affecting scheduling, and correspondence with subcontractors.
Ensure site for cleanliness of all areas including but not limited to: Electrical rooms, Mechanical rooms, IDF rooms, IT rooms, loading dock, exterior and all interior.
Monitor outside weather conditions to ensure protection of building during seasonal extreme weather conditions.
Work amicably with State and Local officials.
Calculate material if needed on the job in advance to minimize down time and cost.
Police common areas for lights out and vacant floors, restrooms and make repairs as needed.
Perform weekly fire pump inspections.
Inspect construction to ensure compliance with drawings.
Generate monthly engineering reports.
Respond/Close/Complete building/tenant maintenance requests via the Building Engines work order system in a timely and professional manner.
Daily visually inspection of Class “E” Fire Alarm systems; note any deficiencies to Superintendent.
Daily visually inspects all domestic water pumps; correct any deficiencies if possible. Inform Superintendent of any problems or corrective actions taken.
Daily visually inspects all pit pumps; correct any deficiencies if possible. Inform Superintendent of any problems or corrective actions taken.
Daily visually inspects boiler station apparatus; correct any deficiencies if possible. Inform Superintendent of any problems or corrective actions taken.
Daily visually inspect mechanical equipment, domestic roof tank; pumps, fresh air and exhaust fans correct any deficiencies if possible. Inform Superintendent of any problems or corrective actions taken.
Daily check all building air conditioning systems.
Daily check all sprinkler tanks.
Daily check dry pipe system.
Daily check and visually inspect boiler and tank levels.
Perform various tasks as directed by Management.
Certificate of Fitness P-99 Low Pressure Oil Burner Operator
Certificate of Fitness S12 & S13
Light to moderate construction – concrete, sheetrock repair
EAP / FSD
Emergency service responder – adhoc slips/falls, CPR, AED
Familiarity with OSHA and Life Safety codes
Hourly Pay Rate: $30
Full Time with benefits including:
• Paid Time Off
Powered by JazzHR