Ross Stores, Inc. Fashion Assistant in New York, New York
Fashion Assistant - Accessories
Ross Stores, Inc. is searching for a Fashion Assistant based out of our NYC Buying Office.
Why We'll Want to Meet You:
- You have at least one to two years of directly related experience – as an assistant buyer or a trend analyst, or ideally a combination of both.
- You’re obsessed with what’s happening in the fashion industry: you know the hottest retailers, you follow fashion influencers, you research fashion blogs.
- Reading reports and deriving insights gives you a thrill your friends will never understand and "Retail Math" is a skill on your resume (at least a basic understanding.)
You’re confident. Presenting your research to a room full of people is just icing on the cake.
So What Does a Fashion Assistant do at Ross?
The Fashion Assistant is responsible for supporting the Fashion Office in providing trend direction to the Ross Stores buying teams. Serves as a liaison between external Trend Services (Donegar, WGSN, Style Sight) and the people at Ross who make product decisions. Makes recommendations to drive sales through sales analysis and market research/comp shopping.
- Pulls weekly selling reports and analyzes to identify trends and common denominators across businesses. Identifies what is working and what is not.
- For specific product categories, works with Buyers on identifying any quality issues on TOPS, PPs.
- Comp Shops at discounters and department stores. Based on findings, pulls together trend reports to be distributed to merchants on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Assists Fashion Director in pulling together seasonal trend presentations for all relevant meetings (style outs, best seller meetings, trends to track meetings.)
- Attends Style-outs, Best Seller Meetings, and Trends to Track Meetings.
- Manages Fashion Office calendar (key market appointments, deadlines).
- Serves as Fashion Office representative when GVP is traveling in all market/trend/vendor meetings as needed.
- Attends market appointments with Ross team where applicable.
- Works with Donegar, Style Sight and WGSN and attend all relevant information sessions trend meetings. Responsible for taking notes and putting together recaps for buying teams.
- Creates trend report blasts for Buyers on a bi-weekly basis
- Results driven/Initiative & Achievement
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Merchant Skills
- Vendor/Fashion Services Relationships
Qualifications and Special Skills Required:
- Great eye for fashion/trend
- Ability to pull together information from multiple sources for presentations
- Takes initiative/able to work independently
- Strong working knowledge of Ross Systems and reports
- Ability to build relationships with Ross merchants at the Buyer and Assistant levels
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong presentation skills & Organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships with the market and fashion services
- Minimum of two years retail merchandising experience in no less than an Assistant Buyer capacity with extensive vendor contact and interaction.
- Working knowledge of merchandising and technical aspects of merchandising (e.g., fabric, design, silhouettes, etc.).
- Experience in Accessories (Handbags, Jewerly, etc) strongly preferred.
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
Additional information is available at: