Marsh & McLennan Cos Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) Summer Associate - MBA Program 2022 in New York, New York
**Summer Associate - Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) - MBA Summer Intern Program 2022**
Location1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036-2708, United States of America
Are you capable of delivering high impact results for C-level leaders across a global enterprise?
Do you have experience building lines of communication and leading projects?
Are you motivated by engaging in cross-functional corporate finance projects and accelerating your post-MBA career?
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solution in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With nearly 76,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue of almost $18 billion, Marsh McLennan provides analysis and advice to clients in more than 130 countries. The Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) offers a challenging opportunity to high-potential candidates to develop a thorough understanding of finance and Marsh McLennan's businesses.
During this 10-week program, Summer Associates in the Finance Leadership Development Program will gain hands-on experience working within one of our Finance groups including: Controllership, Financial Planning & Analysis, Global FP&A Transformation & Innovation, Global Business Services, Internal Audit, Investor Relations, Strategy & Corporate Development, Tax, and Treasury. Summer FLDP Associates will have support of a peer advisor, who is fully committed to their development and provide support and guidance throughout the program. In addition, Summer FLDP Associates can utilize our online learning platform, Finance Academy to develop existing skills or learn new ones.
Upon completion of the summer program, Summer FLDP Associates may be extended an offer to join our full-time Finance Leadership Development Program.
**WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE**
- Support Global Finance through the assigned placement team
- Assist in managing and executing team projects and strategic initiatives
- Depending on placement, responsibilities may include, but are not necessarily limited to: Competitor and industry analyses; Due diligence and valuation modeling; Budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis; Cash flow and liquidity analysis; Corporate accounting and public company filings; Presenting detailed findings from data set analysis; Review and evaluate controls to improve operating efficiency
- Engage in learning, networking, community service and events
**WHAT WE VALUE**
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality work on a consistent basis
- A strong work ethic
- An excellent academic track record
- Interest and familiarity with the industry and general corporate finance functions
- A self-starter who can work in a team environment and across functional areas
- A genuine curiosity for continuous learning and development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical aptitude and interest
- Leadership potential by cultivating, managing and strengthening interpersonal relationships
- Strong project management skills
- You have completed an MBA program on or before Spring 2023
- Ideally you will have some pre-MBA work experience
- You are an agile thinker who is ready to make an impact and solve complex problems
- You must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
**DIVERSITY MATTERS AT MARSH MCLENNAN**
- At Marsh McLennan, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we're looking for you!
- Marsh McLennan offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
- Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.