EY Financial Service - Payments - Technology Consulting Manager in New York, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Job Description – Technology Consulting Manager – Financial Services – Performance Improvement – Payments
At EY, we believe the future of technology careers is yours to build. You’ll harness technology to power human enterprise and create a tech career that’s personalized for you, by you. You’ll be working with world-leading organizations and collaborating in global teams, solving the world’s toughest challenges together, with the freedom to explore new ideas and devise your own solutions. Every day, you’ll be building your technology skills set while learning about business strategy, creating an unparalleled portfolio of career experiences.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. We live in a new digital world with exciting new technologies and challenges, and our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. Financial institutions are going through a seismic change in their business that also provides significant opportunities for deep finance, risk and technology transformation. Large institutions in Banking, Payments, Insurance, and Capital Markets are re-evaluating the way they conduct business and are undergoing strategic initiatives to enhance their operations in order to better serve their clients and address the high bar set by regulators.
If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO Payments team!
At EY, we pride ourselves on being a trusted advisor to the key stakeholders in the financial services industry. Our vision and flawless execution have driven substantial growth in our organization. As a result, we are currently looking to expand our team by bringing on board leaders with the commitment and drive to help our clients succeed. Due to the tremendous growth of technology in the financial services industry, we need individuals versed in end-to-end technology transformation engagements with relevant experience and a well-rounded skills set. This is an opportunity with tremendous growth potential for motivated individuals with a strong work ethic.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a technology consulting Manager, you are expected to act as a team lead in terms of your knowledge and experience in technology transformation and your ability to lead practitioners throughout the creation and successful delivery of work products. You will be a critical member of the team, working with our program leads and key SMAs to ensure a cohesive and comprehensive solution will be delivered on time and on budget to the utmost satisfaction of our clients. You will manage and lead client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment, and provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. You will be an active member of the team, providing counselling and mentoring to junior consultants within the organization.
• Bachelor's degree plus approximately 5+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree plus approximately 4+ years of related work experience, specifically within Payments (Card, ACH, Real Time Payments, Cross Border, Digital Currency), Network processing, Money Movement, Card Issuing and Processing, Treasury and/or Cash Management, or Merchant Acquiring
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing industry and deep content knowledge in the Payments space
• Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a workstream through all phases of the project lifecycle
• Experience creating detailed project plans, managing tasks and deliverables against the plan, reviewing outputs, and providing feedback to team members
• Ability to travel – you will likely spend a significant amount of time onsite with our clients. This travel can be as much as 50% to 80% of a work week and may be international.
• Hands-on experience in the design, development and delivery of solutions or infrastructure and large-scale programs to build, integrate and deliver systems/functions in a complex landscape, including, but not limited to:
o Business process and workflow design
o Business requirements definition, analysis, and traceability mapping
o Ability to design and create an effective IT environment for business operations, aligned to the overall business purpose and activities
Ideally, you will also have:
• Consulting experience or working experience within large global financial institution or payments provider
• Experience with operating model design to define target state business, operations, technology, and control partner functions
• Experience in core platform transformation to support the changing business and regulatory landscape, enabling the realization of strategic business priorities including improved client experience, market expansion and easier partner/correspondent banking integration
• Experience in design, testing, and implementation of technology-enabled solutions
• Experience in vendor assessment, selection, and transformation
• Experience in capability maturity model planning, roadmap development and investment prioritization for large-scale, strategic, and transformative initiatives
• Knowledge of key technology skills and methodologies
o API development using modern technology stack
o Cloud and development and operations (DevOps) practices for software configuration, containerization, integration and deployment to various platforms and operating environments
o Data-related concepts and skills, including database concepts, data schema, data migration, data modeling, data translation, and data analytics ((e.g., BI tools, data streaming, machine learning, AI)
o Common industry tools and methodologies, such as Kubernetes, Kafka, OpenShift, Snowflake, OLAP and OLTP, ETL/ELT
o Quality Assurance and testing
• Familiarity with KYC, AML, and payments compliance regulations
• Understanding of payments risk and payments messaging standards, open banking/embedded finance
What we look for
We are interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a flexible vacation policy plus four weeks of designated paid holiday time off and up to ten paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• The opportunity to develop management responsibilities among a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
• A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
• Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
• An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs