Marriott Franchised Sous Chef in New York, New York
Job Number 19166484
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin New York Grand Central, 212 E 42nd St, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: http://www.Click2Apply.net/g5rkjq3mf2wd8wxh
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Merritt Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
• Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all HEI Franchise standards.
• Manage Human Resources in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe work environment; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
• Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
• Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved. Promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses. Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
• Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
• Two+ years of post high school education, culinary education is desirable.
• Five+ years of employment in a related position.
• Hotel experience preferred.
• Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
• Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
• Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Marriott Jobs