Hearst Television Full Stack Engineer in New York, New York
Pattern & Shape is seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer that is passionate about building mobile and desktop web applications. This position is full-time and is based in our New York office.
Pattern & Shape’s mission is to give people power over their data. We’re building a platform that makes our customer’s data comprehensive in an intuitive and on demand way. We work with large data sets, novel database structures, and deliver product fast. Whether we’re making new features or improving our data pipelines, people at Pattern & Shape are builders at heart. We’re dedicated to making data comprehensible and looking to expand our team with like-minded, skilled, and hardworking individuals.
You’re seasoned enough to take ownership of the front-end, but still hungry to learn new methods and eager to prototype new concepts. You’re a meticulous code-slinger with attention to detail and mindful of cross-browser and mobile device compatibility requirements, as well as highly communicative, responsible, and a team player that works at a rapid pace.
- You will be involved in all phases of the software’s development and will be responsible for planning features, designing its components, programming, and more.
- Working with our team and interviewing customers to ensure we maintain a high-quality user experience.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Leveraging web technologies in service of creating the best possible user experience.
- Creating custom UI components for data visualization.
- Brainstorm and prototype new concepts and approaches fast, turning prototypes into real things.
**Need to Have Skills:__
- Keen understanding of responsive front-end frameworks, UX patterns, cross-browser user interfaces / browser limitations, modern web technologies, dashboard design, web security & more.
- Mastery of CSS and familiarity with CSS preprocessing frameworks (SASS/LESS)
- Familiarity and experience with Python, Material UI, AntD.
- User-centric mentality/passionate about building products with great UX (you don’t necessarily have to design stuff yourself, but you should be able to call out bad design).
- Experience developing, documenting and maintaining authenticated APIs in Node and / or other languages.
- 5+ years of HTML / CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- 5+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
**Nice to Have Skills:__
- D3, Lodash
- React Native
- Neo4J / Graph Database
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator