American Express Full Stack Engineer in New York, New York
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
American Express is in the midst of an exciting product and technology transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative customer data driven products at a rapid pace, serving our consumers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! A seasoned Senior Software Engineer with a passion to build data intensive systems is wanted to partner with the Customer 360 Platform team in a bid to change the technology landscape.
We are looking for:
* A hands-on Software Engineer with high energy and eager to grow technically.
* Understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns and Reactive Patterns.
* Strong communication skills
* A strategic thinker, capable to clearly illustrate and sell ideas while managing risk.
* Expertise in the definition and implementation of effective software engineering practices and processes that result in high speed to market: i.e. open source style project maintainers, PR review process, issue triage, code reviews, code contribution metrics definition, test automation strategy, CI/CD optimization, etc.
* Responsible for developing proof of concepts, curate tech frameworks and ship software components that will be used as the backbone for the platform and used by tenths of developers.
The Customer 360 Platform team is responsible for providing a holistic view of the customer to the enterprise systems within the company. Our challenge is to modernize our legacy systems, while providing continuous service excellence to our customers. In this role, you will partner with our talented team to design and build cloud native applications and enhance our portal to provide a more intuitive and seamless user experience. Also, we are embarking on an exciting journey into adopting innersource culture that will transform the way AMEX builds software.
Title: Full Stack Engineer
Location: New York-New York
Other Locations: US-New York-New York
Requisition ID: 20001892
- American Express Jobs