Alvarez Marsal Holdings LLC Global Transaction Tax Associate in New York, New York
A& M's Global Transaction Tax team is composed of seasoned tax professionals experienced in providing practical tax advice to corporate and private equity buyers throughout the transaction life cycle. By utilizing an integrated approach with A& M professionals with deep operating and financial-related experience, the team uses a focused and tailored approach to rapidly identify and understand potential deal breakers, value drivers and other areas of specific interest to our clients.
Our professionals have significant experience on both the buy and sell side of transactions across all industries including healthcare, financial institutions, energy, environmental services, technology, and education.
Our Global Transaction Tax services include:
- Performing tax due diligence, including reviewing target's historic tax profile, planning, tax examinations, acquisitions/dispositions, and filing history to assess potential risks and opportunities
- Using the due diligence process to identify opportunities for further tax efficiencies
- Structuring transactions in a tax-efficient manner
- Reviewing and evaluating significant tax attributes, credits and incentives
- Reviewing and commenting on purchase agreements and disclosure schedules
- Evaluating potential acquisition structures
- Modeling transaction scenarios
- Identifying matters to be addressed post-closing, including integration related risks and opportunities
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of income and/or non-income tax concepts, with the capability to perform research on and effectively apply income and non-income tax knowledge to client situations;
- Develop and deliver timely and responsive services and work product that meets and/or exceeds client expectations;
- Perform due diligence, including review of tax returns, financials, and other documentation to evaluate potential tax risks and opportunities;
- Review and comment on tax aspects of financial models, purchase agreements, and structuring calculations;
- Take ownership of processes and resources for assigned work streams, includingcreating and preserving relevant diligence work products, ensuring supervisors can timely review and provide constructive feedback of deliverables, and otherwise proactively respond to changes in workflow;
- Coordinate with federal and international tax team members, as well as financial and operational due diligence team members, to timely deliver highest quality integrated work product;
- Begin developing and taking responsibility for managing client relationships by communicating and responding to client expectations, gathering data relevant to the engagement, and tailoring project deliverables accordingly;
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff members.
- BBA with Major in Accounting Required
- Advanced Degree / Certification preferred: CPA, MST, MAcc, JD or LLC
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Strong analytical, research and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of personal motivation as well as the ability to work with a team
- Ability to work in dynamic, time-sensitive environment
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity