Alvarez Marsal Holdings LLC Global Transaction Tax Director in New York, New York
A& M's Global Transaction Tax team is composed of seasoned tax professionals experienced in providing practical tax advice to corporate and private equity buyers throughout the transaction life cycle. By utilizing an integrated approach with A& M professionals with deep operating and financial-related experience, the team uses a focused and tailored approach to rapidly identify and understand potential deal breakers, value drivers and other areas of specific interest to our clients. Our professionals have significant experience on both the buy and sell side of transactions across all industries including healthcare, financial institutions, energy, environmental services, technology, and education.
Our Global Transaction Tax Services Include:
- Performing tax due diligence, including reviewing target's historic tax profile, planning, tax examination, acquisition/disposition, and filing history to assess potential risks and opportunities
- Using the due diligence process to identify opportunities for further tax efficiencies
- Structuring transactions in a tax-efficient manner
- Reviewing and evaluating significant tax attributes, credits and incentives
- Reviewing and commenting on purchase agreement and disclosure schedules
- Evaluating potential acquisition structures
- Modeling transaction scenarios
- Identifying matters to be addressed post-closing, including integration related risks and opportunities
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations;
- Develop and deliver quality tax planning approaches with timely and responsive services and work product that meets and/or exceeds client expectations;
- Perform due diligence including review of tax returns, financials, and other tax documentation to evaluate potential tax risks and opportunities;
- Review and comment on tax aspects of financial models;
- Review and comment on tax aspects of purchase agreements;
- Coordinate with state and local and international tax team members, as well as financial and operational due diligence team members, to deliver highest quality integrated work product;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Manage client engagements, from client interview, information gathering and documentation, to the creation of project deliverable;
- Generate business development leads and projects; and
- Supervise and mentor staff members.
- CPA, JD (with bachelor's degree in accounting, preferred), Masters in Taxation, or LL.M
- 6 years of public accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Strong writing, analytical, research and organizational skills
- Strong communication, presentation, project management, and business development skills
- Strong sense of personal motivation as well as the ability to work with a team
- Ability to work in dynamic, time-sensitive environment.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity